Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Oddly enough, I got to fly a couple paks today when it was too windy yesterday. I guess its the calm before the storm...literally. Looks like its headed between Green (New Orleans) and myself (Mobile) and strengthening. Its moving fast so it'll be in and out by sunday night. At least I got a few paks in

Reactions: Jtrjr
Don't fly in a hurricane,
decided to fly a pak in the wind this morning,......destroyed a motor on my Johnny Cash build. It was fun for the 35 seconds i flew...lol

2017-10-11 13.07.43.jpg
Swapped my leopards around putting the stretch arms on the back and the true X arms on the front. They now both look and fly the same. I think this motor configuration is called "cat style". Also gonna order another set (after Christmas) of these Raceflight 2308 1800kv motors fot the other 6". This is the easiest to fly locked in quad i've flown yet. I now know that higher kv motors on 5" and 6" quads. (unless you are flying in a straight line wide open) don't hold a candle to lower kv motors for agility
2017-10-11 13.15.55.jpg
You can see the difference in the two arms

Last edited:
I bent the bell on my back left motor, looks like it hit a rock
I have decided to put the Emax 2306 2300kv motors off of my 6" leopard on this quad (Johnny Cash) and replace them with 1800 kv's
I'm getting 8-10 min flights on my 6" with a 2600mah running RF 1800kv's

Last edited:
Last edited:
I chickened out.... was scared to put my Emax 2306 2400kv's on my X210 frame so i put my Emax 2205 2600kv's on it. I love the way this frame flies, but not so crazy about the way it kills motors

I finally confirmed that I have been tuning my quads WAY too low on the PIDs.......

I challenge you to double your P and bump your I up and play more with your tuning. Of course only if you also are tunign too low (in the 30-40's) on P.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I finally confirmed that I have been tuning my quads WAY too low on the PIDs.......

I challenge you to double your P and bump your I up and play more with your tuning. Of course only if you also are tunign too low (in the 30-40's) on P.
My 5" tune isn't but my 6" quads tune in the 20's. I have only used the stock RF1 tune on my 6" quads so i will definitely try it out

I can add another flaming crash to my repertoire, got this one on video...lol. I used the foam mount i made for my x210 and put my sq11 on my 6" leopard. The video has a lot of jello, didn't have it strapped down proper. The crash tore off 1 motor and broke 3 props and of course some smoke/fire damage. It boots right up, alls well and i'll have it back in the air in no time. When i plugged the lipo in it was a little loose and i'm assuming it somehow came unplugged in flight. I've been having issues with my XT60's
2017-10-13 14.03.46.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know, Bro. Sounds like the motors we're still on when it crashed to me. I'll have to play it again. I'd take a look at your receiver and failsafe and make sure it's turned on. Just a guess. I'm going to replay it now.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81