Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Videos are great Jerry, please keep posting them, just a little behind on my forum news cause I been flying every spare second and attending car shows with my buddy and his 33 Pontiac

86041d64068a9209aa9e4fadf7c79978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough but think about it for a minute...beaters doesn't create some bad connotations? Just sayin', personally, I'd rather bang than beat. ;)

Jerry
I'm keeping you two guys away from my girlfriend which ever one you choose.....lol
The weather sux today sooo.......i'm gonna attempt a crash video. I'm no photographer or editor. I still haven't purchased the editor i'm using but i like it and plan on buying it cause its the only one i've figured out

Wayne,

Thanks! I doubt I've got a video of it in action. This particular bike is already winterized for this season. A few more weeks here and the snow will be flying.

Jerry

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Sweet hog Jerry, someone put a lot of love in that beauty!

Thanks, Virtue! American made V-Twins are my first love. I've been riding, fixing, modifying and building them for about 35 years. Since I landed in SoCal after my six-year stint with the USMC. My first date with my wonderful wife was her push starting my old FLH, 32 years ago! I'll post a few other pics in the off-topic section later.

Jerry

Taking a break from a big proposal I'm finishing up today and I maidened my Black Pearl frame. I really like the way it flies so far. The camera I used on this one I robbed from the quad I had the flaming crash on. The lens got fogged and altho I cleaned it, it was really blurry and i really shouldn't have flown it ...lol. I don't know how i got through that first limb, didn't even see it in my goggles. Gonna swap the lens out, my rates were too high also and i'm gonna adjust them and burn a few paks when i finish this nightmare job proposal.
EDIT: Also gonna adjust hd camera angle

Really liking these Black Pearl frames, they have beveled edges and fit really good. Thinking about getting my first 4 in 1 esc because the arms are short and narrow. You can see what I mean in pic, the one on the left the esc,s take up the whole arm...lol. Actually had to trim a slot in my heat shrink to get them close to the pod. The front blades miss the camera by 1/32" or less, I can see the props in my fpv camera and I like that, makes me feel like I'm in it lol
2017-10-25 11.14.10.jpg
Check out the camera angle...lol

Last edited:
Green, cool stuff, I guess I know who to ask if I need a 3d print of something, you are obviously becoming an expert/guru/sme!

Virtue, I have been using the E-Max Bullet esc's, they were called out by Oscar Liang as one of the best 5 esc's for DShot600 and they are working great for me. I did have one blow after a pretty gnarly crash but have planted this thing many times since with absolutely no issues. They are super small and may well fit if you decide not to use a 4in1.

Green, cool stuff, I guess I know who to ask if I need a 3d print of something, you are obviously becoming an expert/guru/sme!

Virtue, I have been using the E-Max Bullet esc's, they were called out by Oscar Liang as one of the best 5 esc's for DShot600 and they are working great for me. I did have one blow after a pretty gnarly crash but have planted this thing many times since with absolutely no issues. They are super small and may well fit if you decide not to use a 4in1.
Yeah I'm still running multishot...lol. Last time i tried Dshot it wasn't good. That was several versions back tho and a lot of RF guys are running it now. I dont know how it could be any better than multishot tho, my birds fly awesome
I can switch dshot on in my gfu, i'm all dshot capable

Taking a break from a big proposal I'm finishing up today and I maidened my Black Pearl frame. I really like the way it flies so far. The camera I used on this one I robbed from the quad I had the flaming crash on. The lens got fogged and altho I cleaned it, it was really blurry and i really shouldn't have flown it ...lol. I don't know how i got through that first limb, didn't even see it in my goggles. Gonna swap the lens out, my rates were too high also and i'm gonna adjust them and burn a few paks when i finish this nightmare job proposal.
EDIT: Also gonna adjust hd camera angle
I'm realising that reverse prop direction works really good in that the quad pulls itself through and brushes scraggle aside really well. You can see this in this video, it went right through that 1st limb like it wasn't there...lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax