Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Charged my 3s paks thinking they needed a cycle on them, havent used them in months. My 6" build flies really well and quiet on three cell, plenty of power too, I was suprised. Definitely gonna fly 3s on this quad more often

Firstly I accidentally pulled the motor wire off my motor really close to the motor, so I am trying to take off the bell to try to resolder it back. As I tried to take it off I TOTALY striped the head on my motor screw for the hyperlite returner r4's. I tried tons of different things to get it off, I don't care about the screw anymore I can just replace it, I want my motor. I tried heating and cooling it to make it expand and contract, I tried every size of Alan wrench I have (metric and standard), I have tried vice grips, and needle nose pliers. I even tried super glueing a pin onto the motor, but that didn't work either. Now I am trying super glueing the screw to the bottom of the motor in the hopes that I can spin the bell which will spin the screw which will loosen it. Do you think this will work?B6898EC4-0425-4B0D-9766-24F976206513.JPGDA1D700B-289D-458C-BE8B-8053194C6A17.JPG 4B2E43E5-954F-4E56-8818-09332EDC34DA.JPG

Firstly I accidentally pulled the motor wire off my motor really close to the motor, so I am trying to take off the bell to try to resolder it back. As I tried to take it off I TOTALY striped the head on my motor screw for the hyperlite returner r4's. I tried tons of different things to get it off, I don't care about the screw anymore I can just replace it, I want my motor. I tried heating and cooling it to make it expand and contract, I tried every size of Alan wrench I have (metric and standard), I have tried vice grips, and needle nose pliers. I even tried super glueing a pin onto the motor, but that didn't work either. Now I am trying super glueing the screw to the bottom of the motor in the hopes that I can spin the bell which will spin the screw which will loosen it. Do you think this will work?View attachment 1058View attachment 1059 View attachment 1060
good luck, thinking your gonna have ta bite the bullet and order a new one, or two for next time

The AKK 25, 200, 600w switcher vtx fits perfect between the rails for easy switching and viewing on my 6" leapard build. Haven't seen anyone else utilize this on their leapord build20170831_115338.jpg

Haven't used the VTX03 and its only 25mw i think? The akk's i've used so far have all worked great. Funny you asked because i just put a runcam micro camera vtx combo in my shopping cart at amazon and i think the vtx is the VTX03.
ok, just looked at the vtx03, its a switcher and it is smaller

It only goes up to 200mW though. I had that combo on my cart earlier today. I ended up getting the v2 runcam instead from getfpv. I thought I would need the OSD... Now I probably won't because I ordered another micro lux v2. I don't want to mess with a BEC to use the millivolt on this UL4 ultralight build.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Learned lately, that my favorite, and the best I've used so far, combination of motors and props are the Dal Cyclones 5045 3's on Emax rs2205 S 2300kv motors. These are the newer ones with 20% more power, the one on the left below. These motors stay cool while running these props when most other motors run hot with them. I'm getting almost 3 mins flight time with the combo.
2017-09-06 12.26.44.jpg

Reactions: Jtrjr
Put my 2750kv 2306 motors on my x210 stretch and changed the motor direction while i was at it, was easy. Flew 1/2 pak out back, its very fast. Couldnt tell a difference as far as reversing the motor direction. Should get to fly some paks tomorrow, if i can tell any difference fpv i'll let yall know

Learned lately, that my favorite, and the best I've used so far, combination of motors and props are the Dal Cyclones 5045 3's on Emax rs2205 S 2300kv motors. These are the newer ones with 20% more power, the one on the left below. These motors stay cool while running these props when most other motors run hot with them. I'm getting almost 3 mins flight time with the combo.
View attachment 1098
CHANGED MY OPINION
my new favorite combo is the emax 2306 2750kv motors with the dal cyclones
Just wow!
Also want to say:
if you havent flown a stretch frame, get one. I love my sretch and will be building all stretch frames from now on, makes that much difference

View attachment 900
Received my 2600 mah 4s lipos for my 6" build a few days ago, just got around to testing them today. The extra weight helped the floatyness (new word lol) and how touchy it was. it is indeed also faster but drops extremely fast. i will tune the idle higher to fix the drop factor and it will need no tuning other than that.I sent my camera back but will have a new one soon. Gonna order a couple more of these batterys soon
sorry for the crap picture, the lens on my phones camera is scratched horribly
THIS QUAD IS AWESOME!!!
seriously thinking of building the stretched version of this quad next
Hi Jerry, check this out! 4200 mah!

Been flying the Dal cyclones so much on my 5" builds I've forgotten how power hungry they are. Received these Dal V2s a while back, just getting around to testing them. getting a good bit more flight time with these, motors nice and cool also. They're polycarbonate with glass nylon fiber
View attachment 1157
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GOTNEXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Been flying the Dal cyclones so much on my 5" builds I've forgotten how power hungry they are. Received these Dal V2s a while back, just getting around to testing them. getting a good bit more flight time with these, motors nice and cool also. They're polycarbonate with glass nylon fiber
View attachment 1157
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GOTNEXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These props dont like scraggle, its hard to see in pic but just one little limb burred up the edges and they shatter on bigger hits. No more glass fiber, polycarbonate combo props for me, I'll only buy straight pc props from now on
2017-09-23 10.27.12.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe