Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Not much action on this forum

MARK (LI)

Reaction score
Avata is on sale again, and I am pretty sure I am going to pick one up...I do already fly conventional drones...I am not just diving into the deep end of the pool here......does anyone know if DJI has a free Simulator for Avata drones?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I realize I sound like an idiot...but is the simulator not available for a desk top windows computer?

Since I've seen your username over on MavicPilots.com, I'm going to guess that by "conventional drones" you mean stabilized camera drones. Around here, conventional drones don't have much for stabilization and few have GPS receivers. The DJI drones (Avata and DJI FPV) are 2 of the exceptions.

And since you're familiar with the camera drones, the normal and sport modes of the Avata will be pretty much the same, and you shouldn't have any issues flying those modes.

If you're looking for a simulator to learn manual mode on the Avata, and you want to use a Windows computer, I'd consider something like Liftoff or Velocidrone. They are much more realistic and will teach you the controls for Acro (manual) mode the best. However, I'm not sure if any of the DJI controllers will work with these simulators.

I'm using FPV Freerider Reloaded on my 10yr old laptop for acro mode training. It's available on Steam for peanuts and seems fairly realistic. There are probably more-complete, better looking and fancier sims about, but this one is cheap, doesn't require a fancy modern gaming PC to run and doesn't look too terrible. I'm using an old arduino hacked radio as an input device into a USB port, but any game controller or radio that can be plugged into a PC and used as a controller in windows should work fine

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses...I did finally go out this morning and bought the drone...the Explorer combo....I wanted to pick up the flymore battery set, but they did not have it where I bought the drone...I hope I get the hang of this thing

Reactions: okw and Scro
I am waiting until I have the time to open up the new Avata so I can lay it out on a clean work surface and register the drone and all in one shot..In the meantime...I ordered the Flymore battery kit on Amazon...it arrived yesterday and what stinks is that there is no charger with it, and no instructions.....anyway I used a brand new 30Watt charger and cable....one battery took the charge, the 2nd battery didn't...after 8 hours I was afraid of a fire, so I removed it and have made arrangements for an exchange....pretty disappointing for an item that costs $262 ...anyone know if there are instructions inside the box for the Avata Drone, itself?

You can find the Avata Product Support page here.

Additionally, you'll want to get a charging brick that is a least 65W. Here is DJI's offering which I use, but also have several of these around the house any they are great.

Hang on to your Avata and Fly More Kit and get the right charger and you'll be on your way.

I called DJI support.....they were the ones who told me 30W
It'll work but take FOREVER to charge. I have two Fly More Kits for my Avata and can have eight batts charged up pretty quickly.

30w is fine, just make sure that it had QC on a usb c port. It takes about 45 mins to charge a battery with this setup

One battery charged reasonably fast...the other was on for over 8 hours...I was afraid it was going to start a fire...it worked out...Amazon took it back and delivering a new one today

Reactions: okw
Got the new replacement Fly More kit...and the charger recommended by @KLRSKIR ....1st battery has been charging for over 3 hours ...not done........this is a 100 watt charger...I contacted DJI and they say to buy their way overpriced charger and it will only take about 49 minutes

Avata is on sale again, and I am pretty sure I am going to pick one up...I do already fly conventional drones...I am not just diving into the deep end of the pool here......does anyone know if DJI has a free Simulator for Avata drones?
Hello, I'm Shawn. Nice to meet you.
I have the Avata Explorer Combo (Drone, Integra Goggles, and RC Motion 2 joystick). I installed the DJI Virtual Flight app on my cell phone and could not use it with the gear I have. I could and did use my smartphone, but it's not the same. I will attach a screenshot of what's needed to use the app. I plan to purchase the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, but as you can tell from the screenshot, I will still be unable to use the app. It doesn't yet work with the Integra Goggles, as far as I know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119-005812.png
    Screenshot_20240119-005812.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 4
I am waiting until I have the time to open up the new Avata so I can lay it out on a clean work surface and register the drone and all in one shot..In the meantime...I ordered the Flymore battery kit on Amazon...it arrived yesterday and what stinks is that there is no charger with it, and no instructions.....anyway I used a brand new 30Watt charger and cable....one battery took the charge, the 2nd battery didn't...after 8 hours I was afraid of a fire, so I removed it and have made arrangements for an exchange....pretty disappointing for an item that costs $262 ...anyone know if there are instructions inside the box for the Avata Drone, itself?
I purchased the Flymore Kit about three days ago (plus I bought a fourth battery separately). I have not had any trouble charging them using a cell phone wall charger. It does take a considerable amount of time, but it is so cold out right now that I have time. I did spend too much effort looking for a wall charger but have finally settled on one after watching this video.
I did not buy the charger in the video. I used the video as a "charger training aid" and settled on this charger.
I haven't made the purchase yet so I can not account for how well it works.

Two very important things I learned along the way to settling on the charger I want are:

ONE - the USB C cable MUST be able to carry the charging current. So, if you use USB A to USB C, you will not get more than 15w. It does not matter how much your charger is rated for, the cable will not allow it.
TWO - the Avata Battery Hub from DJI is only rated for 65-70w (you may see information on the internet that says different but I wouldn't believe it).

Here's an extra piece of important information.
THREE - Fast charging shortens your battery life. Considering what the Avata batteries cost, I will stick with a 30w charger for a single battery and a 65w charger for the hub.

Hi Shawn...nice meeting you, as well ...thank you for that information...I did get the Explorer also...i got the flymore battery kit...but taking forever to charge...even with a 100 watt charger ...did your first charge take a long time?.....have you charged it again since then?...also as long a time?....Mark

I had instructions inside my Flymore Kit. They are worthless. I did find this video helpful.

Hi Shawn...nice meeting you, as well ...thank you for that information...I did get the Explorer also...i got the flymore battery kit...but taking forever to charge...even with a 100 watt charger ...did your first charge take a long time?.....have you charged it again since then?...also as long a time?....Mark
Yes, my first charge took a while. I am not disappointed, though. I expected it to take a while because I am using a cell phone charger.
Remember, The 100 watt charger ONLY gives a 100 watts IF you are using one port AND you are using the proper USB C cable. Also, the Avata Battery Hub does not accept 100 watts. The hub is intelligent and will down cycle the watts (I don't know if I said that correctly but the hub is programmed to protect itself from higher wattage).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18