Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Yeah, your motors we're still engaged at the time of the crash, I think. Looks like radio signal loss to me. I've got experience with a few of those! Just opinion, of course.

Jerry

Reactions: Wayno52
Sounded like an intermittent motor slow down as if it lost signal but I'd swear those motors were still turning when it hit the ground.

Jerry

Just rewatched it, did sound like the motors were on most of the way down, not sure now. This particular receiver (spektrum race quad diversity) as of late has been giving me problems binding. Guess i'll put a turnigy receiver in it when i fix it. That is the last of the quads i have on spektrum

I lost video Jerry, thats why i think it has to do with my lipo, this same battery got bent in a crash yesterday , its a 2600mah.
Maybe just lost video, not sure now

Reactions: Wayno52 and Jtrjr
I can add another flaming crash to my repertoire, got this one on video...lol. I used the foam mount i made for my x210 and put my sq11 on my 6" leopard. The video has a lot of jello, didn't have it strapped down proper. The crash tore off 1 motor and broke 3 props and of course some smoke/fire damage. It boots right up, alls well and i'll have it back in the air in no time. When i plugged the lipo in it was a little loose and i'm assuming it somehow came unplugged in flight. I've been having issues with my XT60's
View attachment 1353
Ouch

Reactions: Jtrjr
Flight deck is full today... Big day of flying ahead with a friend who started when I did but gave up after a month. He's back! He will fly the Predator X v1 today... His gear isn't flight ready at the moment.View attachment 1369
You guys are gonna have a blast!

I ordered a frame for my beater, i know, i wasn't supposed to buy anything quad related till after christmas but i was worried about killing another motor. And im weak...lol. Ordered a bunch of The dal 5x4x4 pc props, found them for $1.99 a set. These props are great in tight areas and for proximity flying. Also good for beginners cause it slows ya down a bit and is very locked in. The frame is the Nidici Black Pearl stretch, it was $30.
PROPS: DAL Q5040 5" Quad-Blade
FRAME: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RG3KHN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think we're moving into new territory here. Are we going to call these "beaters" or "bangers"? Personally, I like "bangers" better. I mean, we're not trying to beat them up but we're definitely going to bang the heck out of them trying to learn new things. Okay guys, time to chime in, "beaters" or "bangers"?

Jerry

I Named my beater/banger Johnny Cash after the song he sang about working in the Cadillac factory and bringing home Cadillac parts in his lunch box for years till he had enough parts to build a multi year caddy....lol

Last edited:
Let us know if they are good, i'm needing to order 4 or more

Roger that. It's gonna take a bit to see if the new brand hold up. I can already vouch for the Black Labels, they've been really good bats. Just a bit more expensive but cheaper and better than many others.

I'm figuring most of the batteries are like TV's, there are 3 or 4 factories pumping them all out and just throwing different labels on them.

Jerry

You are probably right about the batteries, i think there's only 2 lithium mines in the world also. Probably a couple manufactures making single cells and smaller guys wiring them into packs and heat shrinking them with their logo

I guess I'm boring everyone. My last Leopard video only got 4 views. That's about 6-8 fewer than normal! Chef is going to have a field day with those numbers. Good thing I'm not trying to make money at this!

Jerry
If you use the word crash in the title ya seem to get more views....lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18