Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

What I learned about racing drones ...and for those of us that don't already know, this is what a burned motor looks like with the top off. On this motor the windings were absolutly silver ...
Like the top on the left.

As always peace and progress
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: Jtrjr
20170618_140035.jpg
Received my 2600 mah 4s lipos for my 6" build a few days ago, just got around to testing them today. The extra weight helped the floatyness (new word lol) and how touchy it was. it is indeed also faster but drops extremely fast. i will tune the idle higher to fix the drop factor and it will need no tuning other than that.I sent my camera back but will have a new one soon. Gonna order a couple more of these batterys soon
sorry for the crap picture, the lens on my phones camera is scratched horribly
THIS QUAD IS AWESOME!!!
seriously thinking of building the stretched version of this quad next

Last edited:
Hey Virtue,
Are there pictures of this bird?... from the side.

Keith

I learned today that when i hit the throttle on the Armattan,
It leans directly right..in a hover or slow forward motion. This action is not severe however it is there . When i landed I checked the motor freedom by spinning the props by hand and 1 of the motors was a little stiff. What do you guys think?
Replace motor...?

Peace Keith

Hey guys...
What I learned yesterday is that if your radio roll adjustment has gone out of center...the bird will lean to the side when under throttle punch....DA! I also learned that a bad motor starts going bad by spinning up slower than the other 3 (stiff.)
Replaced on my Armattan chameleon all is amazing!. I love this stuff!!!

Keith

I learned to find a prop you like and stick with it. Each prop I've tried has slightly different characteristics. I get used to one prop then try a different prop. Problem is some require more throttle to keep it aloft and I wind up hitting the ground or the inverse where I want to fly low and I find a little input sends the quad 6' higher in the air. Takes me a couple packs to adjust, but I think I'm just going to stick with one prop type unless its causing me issues...

QAV,

I feel the same way. I use the Gemfan Master Series props for all of my birds and my daily flying. They perform well, they're really stable and they're extremely durable. I know how they're going to react and they give me a great baseline, particularly with new birds. I also have a few other props on hand, mostly the Cyclones. They have a bit more pep and sharpness to them. When I really want to mess around I'll swap the Gemfan's for the Cyclones.

Jerry

Reactions: QAVRT
Interesting you mention the Cyclones Jtrjr as those are the Props I've decided to keep using. I had been using the Quadrysteria 5040 Tri-Blades which I liked. But they tended to need a bit of throttle input when cornering. I didn't realize this till I tried the Cyclones. The Cyclones are exactly as you say. I like this BUT it means I'm having to adjust to not give it any input when cornering now as well as adjusting my throttle inputs especially when I need to fly low! I like them alot.. now what to do with all the other props I bought!

QAV,

I feel the same way. I use the Gemfan Master Series props for all of my birds and my daily flying. They perform well, they're really stable and they're extremely durable. I know how they're going to react and they give me a great baseline, particularly with new birds. I also have a few other props on hand, mostly the Cyclones. They have a bit more pep and sharpness to them. When I really want to mess around I'll swap the Gemfan's for the Cyclones.

Jerry

Congrats guy's I just went through 334 post and only a couple did I have to edit for the language . It wasn't bad just trying to fool the language filter using @ or whatever . You guy's are doing a great job policing yourself's .
monkey.gif

ok.. my turn lol : I learned that even if you buy a RTF (Ready To Fly) quad you still need to setup things.. like how to arm.. and seems stupid but if you are noob like me you might wonder which props are Clockwise and which counterclockwise [emoji14] well clockwise top left bottom right (prop marked with R) and counterclockwise top right and bottom left!

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

secons thing I learnt SWITCH arm off.. UNARM the drone if you wish to take it in your hand.. I didn't and few seconds after leaving it I touched throttle up inadvertently.. lucky me ;)

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Didnt get to fly yesterday but flew 4 paks this morning. My camera didnt record a single flight, its the one i was gonna send back but never got around to it. Will eventually get a gp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe