Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

flew two paks on the way in today, was windy as hell and i can tell the wind affects my 6" quad more than my 5". I would have loved to post a vid but my brand new camera didnt record....geezzz im having no luck with cameras. im gonna try again tomorrow if it isnt as windy as today, then im sending this camera back.

Virtue,

I've got to have about 6 knock-off cameras here. I finally gave up on them, bit the bullet and got a GoPro Hero 4 Session. I'll never look back, I've got 5 of them now. You might just have to bite the bullet too.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Virtue,

I've got to have about 6 knock-off cameras here. I finally gave up on them, bit the bullet and got a GoPro Hero 4 Session. I'll never look back, I've got 5 of them now. You might just have to bite the bullet too.

Jerry
once again you are right Jerry, will try to get one in the next day or two

Reactions: Jtrjr
Virtue,

I'm only right because I made the wrong decision 6 or so other times! Live and Learn. :)

(EDIT: Also, get at least a 32gb SD Card, 64gb even better but 16gb is too small for my liking.)

Jerry

Ok guys ...enough...
I have a serious question and you two are perfect for a good answer. What is your favorite frame where the battery is NOT HANGING off the bottom?

Thanks
Keith

The reason is i am sick of broken straps and power loss...rendering finding the darn thing a pain

Keith

Keith,

I don't really have a favorite in that realm yet. All I have is Frank v1 and Frank v2. It's an Arris 250B frame, v2 is heavily modified with my own homemade parts. I do really like flying v2 with the big 2200mah 3S batteries on his back! I'm not real hip on the low-slung batts either. I also break a lot of straps and I'm dinging up a few batteries now. I actually lost a $30 Turnigy Graphene 1300mah 4S yesterday. Strap broke at the buckle. Searched for over an hour before I gave up. I'm hoping that new Armatten frame is a winner.

Jerry

Thanks guys,
It is a sweet bird. I have been flying every day on my property ...(LOW) under and between stuff. Its funny the better i get the more fun it is. The thing i like about the chameleon is it lands flat...doesn't tip or dig props . Oh I wanted to mention that I have first hand experience that the DALPROP 5051 is really great on the DIATONE ...GT200 flys like a locked in car at lower speeds. They really grab the air very very well. I have been using the DALPROP CYCLONE. Which is a really good prop. The props on quads are like tires on rc cars... look at what your going to run on (or) fly around and pick a prop for that type of (track)...
Do you guys understand the bull nose prop idea? Or do you have any thoughts on them..or opinion.

Thanks
Keith

Sorry guys,
The prop that i love for lower speed flying on the DIATONE gt200 is RACECRAFT 5051...

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam