Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Chameleon/Betaflflight F3 build ?s

baevans11

Reaction score
I'm building my first drone my parts list are as follows: Chameleon frame, Betaflight F3 flight controller, Armatton velvet motors & 30a escs, runcam eagle camera, lemon satellite rx, Immersion tramp HV vtx and I plan to get the Fatshark V3 Dominator goggles. My first ? is do I configure the F3 after I assemble everything? Next ? Is exactly how I wire the lemon rx, which ones do I jump the 3v right? Last ? is how I wire the vtx and camera I'm most confused on this. I heard someone say you have run some kind of inline filter. I also just don't know which way to wire it cause I've heard like 2 different ways. Sorry I know these are really basic ?s 4 most of you but quads are new to me I've mostly been into collective pitch helicopters. Thx in advance for any help and any other advice on this build.

Too bad what happened to JC, RIP. His video below should get you going with the receiver.

You can configure betaflight after everything is wired up.

For the video there are some pads on the FC to wire both the VTX and camera so you get OSD (on screen display) in your goggles. You will need to set up the OSD in betaflight too. What do you know, JC has a video for that too.

Reactions: Speeder
Too bad what happened to JC, RIP. His video below should get you going with the receiver.

You can configure betaflight after everything is wired up.

For the video there are some pads on the FC to wire both the VTX and camera so you get OSD (on screen display) in your goggles. You will need to set up the OSD in betaflight too. What do you know, JC has a video for that too.

Great thx for your help! I'm just waiting on my frame and vtx. But I'm gonna really take my time and think about every step b4 I do it. Do you anything about the 5v filter for the vtx? I hear one person say it's a must otherwise you'll have lines in your screen but he's the only one I've heard say that.

I think there is already a filter onboard that FC. If your vtx has 5V out, power your camera with it. If not, ground your camera and VTX to the SAME PIN. It should be fine without an external filter needed.

I'm building my first drone my parts list are as follows: Chameleon frame, Betaflight F3 flight controller, Armatton velvet motors & 30a escs, runcam eagle camera, lemon satellite rx, Immersion tramp HV vtx and I plan to get the Fatshark V3 Dominator goggles. My first ? is do I configure the F3 after I assemble everything? Next ? Is exactly how I wire the lemon rx, which ones do I jump the 3v right? Last ? is how I wire the vtx and camera I'm most confused on this. I heard someone say you have run some kind of inline filter. I also just don't know which way to wire it cause I've heard like 2 different ways. Sorry I know these are really basic ?s 4 most of you but quads are new to me I've mostly been into collective pitch helicopters. Thx in advance for any help and any other advice on this build.
CL Racing F4 Flight Controller awesome board

Reactions: Jtrjr and Keifie
Eagle 2 is out now, 16:9 with those goggles. TBS Unify Pro HV works well with the CL_RacingF4. Attach the audio cable to Tx4 and enable it in peripherals, under UART4. Well, that's what I did, sweet.

Betaflight 3.2 RC3 is available right now (at least on my FC). I have been tuning Jerry's 3" build with it all day.

These little guys are a bit hard to tune. Finally getting close now. It seems airmode was causing some oscillation issue. I finally turned off airmode on a whim and it seems much better. The dynamic filtering works great too. I was able to turn off all other notch filters. I did soft mount the motors and FC is on o-rings though.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Plus I haven't tuned a PID loop since college! Usually the defaults have been good enough, but not with these extreme power to weight ratio builds. I need to tune my PredatorX SE next.

Last edited:
Johnny,

How are you liking 3.2? Have you put it on any older birds? What FC's are you using?

Jerry
The jury is still out on 3.2. I'm noticing a twitch on the yaw, early days. I'm putting CL_RACINGF4 in all of them. I haven't got 3.2 in any other board.

Green,

I do use airmode on a switch. I take off in acro and switch to airmode in the air. I also switch back to acro for landing. Is this an F3 or F4 board? Motors aren't getting hot with the filters off? You da man, Green! I trust whatever you choose to do!

Jerry

Let's roll, Brother! Didn't expect it so quickly! Excitement abounds for me and I'm sure a few others! Start a new thread so it's all in one place.

Jerry

Johnny,

How are the solder pads on the CL_RACINGF4? Did you have to clean them? How much heat are you putting on them? I've been really steady with the Betaflight F3 board. It's been a solid FC for me. I've tried a few others but didn't like them much. You got any videos posted of your birds in flight?

Jerry

It is an f4. The motors were getting piping hot at first after a couple punchouts (before I touched filters and PIDs) but I think they are good now. Notch debug data for blackbox shows the dynamic filter is working like a champ with PT1 D-term lowpass filter enabled, so no static filters needed it seems. I am about to go fly the first full pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax