Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Prepping for GEPRC Leopard build...

It seems as tho almost everything is HS1177 shaped, what other type of camera is there Virtue? And can you suggest a link to show the 2 different types of camera plates?
Just trying to learn a little, thanks!

Randy
2017-10-05 18.40.18.jpg
Hopefully you can see the difference in my crap photo (I need a new phone)
The main two are Runcam and Foxeer
Some Runcams comes with two different cases so side plates don't much matter for those, un fortunately I got a foxeer monster for this one, may do a camera swap with one of my other quads

Between Green, Jerry and myself, I think I take 3RD for neatness...lol. I took the time to use paracord to wrap my motor wires on the first set of motors on this one and couldn't make myself do it again because its sooo easy to swap motors without it on there.....lol. Sorry for railroading your thread Jerry, love your leopard, thinking you will too
EDIT:
I hear ya on the weather Jerry, right now it looks as tho that storm in the gulf is gonna bullseye Mobile.....only predicted to be a category 1 tho

Last edited:
I definitely see the diff between camera mounting plates, thanks Vv!

And not everybody can build show car quality, I think some of us are born to build Rat trucks lol. But JTR and Green's sure are the nicest I've ever seen.

Hey Jerry, took a look at the radar, maybe things have cleared enough to fly today? Unless you are in the south eastern part of the boonies, anyway.

Reactions: Jtrjr
I think this storm is going to suck a front down from up north, putting high pressure over us which is going to push it to the east

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Well, I finally got this thing in the air. I changed my mind and moved up to BF 3.2 and BLHeli 16.67 DShot. Boris posted an updated version of 3.2 dated 10/01/17, so I'm using that version. I changed the ESC Protocol to DSHOT300 (Need to learn more about DShot before going higher) and the Gyro and PID Loop frequencies to 4k and 4k (per Joshua Bardwell's F3 suggestion). I changed the D-Term Lowpass Filter to PT1 and was able to safely turn off Gyro Notch Filters 1 & 2. I enabled the Dynamic Filter, Anti Gravity and changed my RC Rates and Super Rates but left the stock PID's for now. A few more features are available on the OSD , one of which I really like. It's called "Main Batt Usage" and it shows the Mah drawn as a slider bar, making it very easy to see the battery being depleted. The only issue I have at this point is the RSSI reading isn't showing properly. I've had issues with this before but I'll have to go back and figure out how I fixed it.

I was only able to burn three packs, the wind has picked up quite a bit. I'm hoping it'll die down this afternoon so I can burn a few more. I haven't really looked at the videos yet from the RunCam Split but I'm downloading them to my computer now. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a few clips later today or tonight.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax