Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Green,

Are you nuts??? you know how long it'll take me to weed through all of those videos? It's all practice stuff and I figured you guys were probably tired of seeing my dumb videos. Maybe I'll get a chance to put something together tomorrow if people really want to see me practice.

Jerry

Reactions: QuantumQuadsFPV
Just post a video of one of your best packs of the day. I am interested to see how the loops and stuff are coming. I was just getting the hang of them when my Predator was grounded.

Don't get all excited about "my" loops. I'm not even sure if I'm doing them right and I'm just doing them in open air, not around anything.

Jerry

Don't get all excited about "my" loops. I'm not even sure if I'm doing them right and I'm just doing them in open air, not around anything.

Jerry

Me too Jerry. In fact, the crash that killed my Predator was my first attempt at looping anything, a tree. I hit the top of the tree and the quad bounced slowly down the branches. It was fine until it hit the grass (at pretty low speed) then... static. I still haven't taken it apart to figure out what's broken and what's not but maybe today is the day!

Green,

Yeah, I'm definately not ready for trees or structures! It is a bummer that some of the relatively easy crashes can do such damage. I bet I spent a good week of fixing and tweaking to get ready for yesterday.

Jerry

Jerry,
Did you need to adjust any of the settings on your foxeer v3?

And how did you do it

Thank you Kindly
Keith

I want to make sure that the camera stays in color all the time..as the stock camera would go to night video every time the light souce(sun) changed...going up and coming down.

Keith

Keith,

I just got my Arrow V3 and haven't even used it yet. The first time I even looked at it was yesterday when I was trying to help you. I have a quad that doesn't have any OSD that I'm going to install it on. Getting the OSD set up is relatively easy. There is a cable in the box to do it with your external monitor. Depending on the monitor you have it should have come with an AV cable. You'll need that cable, possibly an RCA connector that has two male ends and one of your Fatshark batteries.

Jerry

Keith,

The Arrow V3 is a better camera than the stock one but the problem you were having with the original switching to night mode is just a setting change in the cameras OSD. The camera can be set up so it doesn't switch modes.

Jerry

Me too Jerry. In fact, the crash that killed my Predator was my first attempt at looping anything, a tree. I hit the top of the tree and the quad bounced slowly down the branches. It was fine until it hit the grass (at pretty low speed) then... static. I still haven't taken it apart to figure out what's broken and what's not but maybe today is the day!
lol.....my first attempt at a loop ended with a fire. was flying in angle mode (gyro stabilized but able to flip and roll) and tried to loop at an altitude of 30', all i did was flip upside down and smash the ground at full throttle...lol. hit so hard, two escs and my fc shorted out and it burst into flames.....lol.
dont try a loop in anything other than acro mode

Reactions: Jtrjr
Virtue , you have done to again...made me lol.
In all honesty that must have been crushing...i get it

Peace
Keith

Reactions: VirtueViolater
well.............flew every battery today........that was the good news. bad news....lost my camera...geezzzzz, looked for it till i couldnt stand any more. ill look again tomorrow. bought a 3yr warranty with it, dont know if it covers loss, gonna look into it later. learned to stop flying when you clip a tree as you may have lost your camera....lol. clipped several trees before crashing, should have stopped. maybe ill find it, maybe they'll replace it if not.
@ Jerry, where have you been buying the $150 gopro sessions?

Bummer, Virtue. At least you got to fly today! You can get them at $150 pretty much anywhere now (until they run out of them). I got mine here:

Amazon.com : GoPro HERO Session : Electronics

I know B&H is selling them too.

Jerry
ok, thanks. i wonder if i go to bestbuy and get one, maybe they have a good protection plan? maybe even cover loss? think im gonna look into that,that way, maybe i can get a replacement same day.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hey guys, i got it sorted... little solder here little shrink tubing there...got the OSD to work in my goggles...did some guys set up on YT... the man was clearly visually impaired. Changed screen type to LCD and hit reset.

Peace and progress
Keith

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shempi