Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Hey guys,
I learned that if you mess with someone's expert tune and setup ...something is going to happen that is probably not good. Uart -RX switches Cary a lot of weight in determining whether you fly or not...

As always
Peace and progress
Keith

Real windy and very overcast here today. I got out there this morning and flew a few packs but the wind was just too much.

Jerry

Hi guys,
UPDATE:....After reviewing the footage on my GoPro when the signal and video feed stopped....it was very windy that day...(best to stay below 75ft.when its WINDY) ) i had a new battery and did a massive punch out to an altitude(guess)300ft and with the winds the way they were it carried the bird 300ft behind me.
So...when flying a racing quad..the bird must stay in front of the radio. The antennas are designed to send a signal out in front of the pilot. The spread of the antennas signal is predominately in front ,up,and to the sides...not behind the pilot...

As always
Peace and progress
Keith

What I learned today:

What is it with beepers? I would be out of this hobby already if not for the almighty beeper. I would have lost every bird by now. This seems to be a novelty to many but I don't understand why.

On my BFF builds when a failsafe occurs or if I shut my radio off the beeper immediately starts beeping away. On my expensive Lumenier QAV-X, no beeper and no place on the bare bones F4 board to even put one. I tried every way that I could find or figure out to get one going and still no beeper. All I could do was put a bulky low voltage beeper on it so at least I know when the battery is going to die.The bird flies great but I hardly ever fly it because I don't want to lose it. I'm probably going to end up trashing the FC and replacing it with a different board, a real waste.

Using the RaceFlight Revo 4, there is a beeper but the only thing I can figure out to do with it using RaceFlight One is set a switch that will emit a steady beep when the switch is utilized. On failsafe the beeper doesn't initiate. So in order to use the beeper I have to leave my radio on and take it with me when I trudge through the field looking for my bird.

A good beeper process will effect all of my future purchases. I won't buy another board or bird that doesn't include this seemingly basic function.

Jerry

Reactions: Speeder
Good morning Jerry,
I was wondering where you went. I was advised to use the DYS V2 AIO F4. It has a beeper on it already and operates when there is a battery low voltage issue or when the signal is lost or when i hit the switch...obviously i had to set that up in beta flight. I know how you feel about carrying your radio to find the bird... I have to do that with my Diatone GT200's.
I would rather carry my radio and find the bird than not find the bird at all.

Thank you Jerry for all your help!
Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Keith,

Yeah, I've been looking at that board quite a bit. Even though the BFF board still has the F3 chip on it, I like the board. I've got 3-4 different FC and PDB's around here that I'll probably never use. Buying and trying different boards is getting a bit expensive. I think I'm going to stick with the BFF board until something equivalent in the F4 boards comes along.

Jerry

received my vr d2 goggles, cant make them work. sending them back. my vr008's, which were only $60, work great. must have gotten a bad pair this time? dunno, just gonna send them back and think about ordering a fs dominator next week

The thing I like most about my FS is that I bought them, I like them and I'm not testing, building, breaking or fixing any goggles!!!

Jerry

Reactions: Speeder
finally found the receivers i need for my turnigy evolution, just ordered several.....love my evo

I am charging up two packs for the Predator X. I hope to beat the rain, test out the new camera (will there still be video noise under throttle?). If so, I will check which motor is hot and swap it out with a new one. I should learn a lot if the weather holds out.

I flew 4 packs today on my property and never got close to full throttle. Worked on TURNS without blowing up. I crashed into trees and went under and around tree successfully. I got stuck about 25 ft up in a monster tree...good thing i had an extension pole. I had fun learning , and succeeding!.
I am slowly getting over my fear of flying.

Peace and progress
Keith

got to fly 8 paks this morning finally....yaaayy...lol. The new 6" is awesome, really like this frame altho its a little heavier than im use to. its a little slower on the bottom end but really fast at the top end, thinking it will be the opposite with 6" props on, ill know tomorrow when they arrive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nailz