Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

what do i do!!??

will this work? on the charger its says ni-hm

and what settings do i do ?
I checked my chargers and they are able to charge 1S, 2S, 3S etc but the sockets all start from the right hand side with negative (-ve) being the first pin and positive (+ve) second pin from the right. On your photo, it has the same configuration but there doesn’t appear to be a slot for your 2S plug. As for charging your 2000mAh(2A) ni-mH , your setting on the photo is set for 3A which is way too high. I would decrease the current down to 500mAh (0.5A) for testing and keep a close eye on it whilst doing so. Charge it for 15 mins, unplug it from the charger and fit it to the Taranis. Fully charged it will sit at about 8.4V when you power up the Taranis on the home screen. At the very least you should be seeing a voltage on the screen to prove the battery is being charged.

The charger will only charge out of the banana plug jacks, it will NOT charge out of the Balance plug jack.

If you can find or make a cable like this, then you can use the NiMH setting on your charger,

otherwise you will need the specialty charger that Frsky makes,

Even if you send the green NiMH battery back and get some 18650 cells for the battery pack that comes with the radio, you will still need some specialty charger for those, they don't make a "18650 to banana plug" charge cable, so you would not be able to use your existing charger to charge 18650 cells.

Reactions: Wayno52
The charger will only charge out of the banana plug jacks, it will NOT charge out of the Balance plug jack.

If you can find or make a cable like this, then you can use the NiMH setting on your charger,

Even if you send the green NiMH battery back and get some 18650 cells for the battery pack that comes with the radio, you will still need some specialty charger for those, they don't make a "18650 to banana plug" charge cable, so you would not be able to use your existing charger to charge 18650 cells.
Oops, think I may have led the young bloke astray.

would these work with this?

apparently it can be charged through the radio with the new access version ?

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    850.6 KB · Views: 4
this is frustrating there is so much to do my batteries dead for my qx7 everything is expensive I don't know where to find a parallel charger. I'm going to have a break from this and come back in a week or something

Those Samsung's are the wrong battery, they are 21700's and the radio is 18650's, the access radios MAY have the new charging port on the right bottom but the the charger that plugs into it is sold separately, if it even has the charge port, but I dont think the ACCESS radios have it, only the 2nd Gen ACCST radios do I believe. You can look for yourself, it looks like this. still the charger is sold seperately.

1589431885422.png

All good I’m going to have a break im getting to tired of this and to frustrated because I don’t know what I’m doing

Oops, think I may have led the young bloke astray.
We ALL make mistakes sometimes buddy, but on this subject I am quite sure, and he may even need to get into the "Setup" to turn "Balance" off or he could still get an error trying to charge, it just depends on the charger, whether you NEED to call out a cell count (after all you need to know the voltage you are charging to, and it is a 6s NiMH, so 9v) and if it is sophisticated enough to know that Balance isn't an appropriate function for NiMH type.

Reactions: tevek and Wayno52
Yes I figured that I’m just going to have a week to think and then come back I’m going to have to buy more balance things and xt30 plugs and things i think I’m just overheated and filled with to much info I need a break

Yes I figured that I’m just going to have a week to think and then come back I’m going to have to buy more balance things and xt30 plugs and things i think I’m just overheated and filled with to much info I need a break
Step back and take a break from it. There is a bit of a learnig curve but you will get it with time and we will help.

The charger you already have will work great for the batteries for the quads.
@tevek and @HighTechPauper have posted a charger for the green QX7 battery you have and you will be set for that.
https://buzzfpv.com.au/frsky-taranis-q-x7-fcx07-lipo-nimh-dual-mode-charger
Maybe order that and by the time it comes in you will be ready to have a go at it again, just hang in there....

hey dude if i buy this charger can i plug the batt right in the side and just charge ?

all good thanks for the help hopefully soon we will be up and running again and also should I buy a better antenna? and also some 2s batteries i only have 3s at the moment.

all good thanks for the help hopefully soon we will be up and running again and also should I buy a better antenna? and also some 2s batteries i only have 3s at the moment.
3S is fine, just take it easy until you get used to the throttle on your controller. As for the antenna, the dipole is fine for now. I see @Wayno52 is running an AXii micro antenna on his rig, and I will change mine over later. Currently my base setup is good for well over 200 metres so maybe leave it like that for now until you want to venture further.

I'm really stuck I set up Facebook but it never registered and I can't work out how to bind the receiver to my drone ill take some. photos but I'm not sure there are not many videos out there and when I copy them it does not work

here are some photos not sure what do do at all are access even work with rxsr recivers ?

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    843.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    806.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    803.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3
Let's not worry about Facebook now, I can't guess what may be wrong with that since it is pretty straightforward.
The R-XSR will NOT work with ACCESS unless it has been flashed with the ACCESS firmware, out of the box it should work with D16, if you radio will not change from ACCESS to D16 it is because it needs to be updated.

If you want to post a video here you will need to upload it to Youtube and make it public and put the link to the video here. There is no other way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster