Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

what do i do!!??

bound and I have set the switches what else do I have to do? there's something about telemetry?

So the quad flies, as in a small test flight? One thing I would do is to connect the quad to betaflight, do a quick calibration in the config tab (I think -the page where you see a picture of your drone and it moves when you tilt it around). Then I would go into the CLI tab down the bottom of the betaflight page and type 'DIFF ALL'. That will give you a summary of all the settings on your quad and you need to save it on your computer if ever you need to reflash your flight controller. You will see the save to file option in the CLI tab.
I would be doing small line of sight flight tests in stability/horizon mode to get a feel for it before throwing on the goggles.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
is this ok ?

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    995 KB · Views: 5
is this ok ?
Yeah that looks fine if the picture is that of you insulating the receiver. Don't make it too bulky because you will swear a lot trying to make that fit under the canopy. No idea of what discord server is but if you can bang up a video of it whizzing around, that would be great. I'm at work and only have limited time to jump on the forum, so we will see how we go. Congratulations by the way on making progress, by the time you get to your 10th quad, you'll be a pro....

I have a problem when I go forward it goes sideways and when I go back a little it goes some diagonal way

Have you gone into this tab firstly to Calibrate Accelerometer first? This will help give the flight controller on your quad a reference point for being level. Also if you tip the quad back and forth, the image on the setup tab should be moving in the same direction. Since you haven't removed any components from the quad, this should be fine. There are a couple of tips for getting the quad to fly level but make sure your props are definitely on the right motors. They are set up 'props out' meaning they spin away from the front and rear of the quad and not in the traditional method of spinning towards the front and rear.
1590108035608.png

Your quad should be like this when you plug into betaflight:
1590108504829.png
One other thing is to get some air when practicing so that you are not getting the effects of prop wash if you are too close to the ground. Give it some height and see if there is a difference. Get ready to hit the arm switch to kill it if it gets away from you. Also, another 'one thing' is, did you set your failsafe in your transmitter to 'no pulses'? Just below the bind button when you were in that screen on your Taranis, you should see the word 'failsafe'. You need to select that and rotate the right hand knob until you see 'no pulses'. Hit the enter button to stop it flashing and you are good to go. That is to protect you against a fly away quad in the event it goes out of range of your transmitter. You should also select your failsafe to 'drop' in Betaflight in the event of a similar event.
1590108905915.png

Something else that you should also check are your end and mid points on the Taranis. If they are way out, you may end up with drifting and weird movements from your quad. Attached is an easy to follow clip from JC at Project Blue Falcon. No longer with us but his tutorials live on.

out of interest why should my props be reversed
Some people argue that they are more effective when flying amongst trees or shrubs in that if they get caught up, they are more likely to deflect off leaves etc. Since they are spinning in the opposite direction they tend to push away from objects as opposed to the other spinning direction when the quad's props tend to pull the rig into leaves and the like. The frame on the cube, despite being a solid piece of kit has the potential to hang up in bushes due to the frame having so many little nooks and crannys to catch on. I once forgot the motors were reversed and put the props on the normal way and the thing went beserk.

Can you take a photo of your beta flight settings and the way your props are on because I reversed it and it went crazy as well! I can tell this thin* is fast ? I’m just worried to fly it also with my liftoff sim my throttle power starts at the halfway point not at the bottom

Can you take a photo of your beta flight settings and the way your props are on because I reversed it and it went crazy as well! I can tell this thin* is fast ? I’m just worried to fly it also with my liftoff sim my throttle power starts at the halfway point not at the bottom
If you reverse them in the software, you have to physically swap the prop positions as well.

Your throttle should start at the bottom in Liftoff.
Here is how I have mine set for Liftoff. This is with the stick at the bottom.
Inputs
inputs.jpeg

Mixer
mixer.jpeg

I'm at work and won't be home for quite a bit (as in weeks). I changed nothing in Betaflight and i'm running a standard tune. If I can find a close up photo on the internet of the prop installation for comparison, i'll chuck it up. When you plugged your quad into Betaflight, did it come up with motor reversed? And again, before you make any changes to your settings in Betaflight, back up your original file (refer earlier CLI post). Yes indeed they are quick and you are running 3S so test it out in an open area. You can make throttle settings in Betaflight if you have to, but maybe just get a feel for it before you start changing things. I look forward to this conversation if ever you move to 5" quads running 6S...………..

If you need to tame the throttle a bit, this video shows how you can do it. I have done it using the rotary knob on my QX7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax