Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

Wheres the camera soldered in?
Thats correct if theres camera pads on that fc
Just searched it, dont think that fc has osd. Does the fpv camera you are using not have osd?
Alot of them have voltage and some other useless osd but the voltage is good

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
That is called a "Piggy" OSD board, and the TX/RX is the communications between it and the FC to get the telemetry data to the Piggy and then it puts it into the video stream coming from the camera. That could be right Futura, but when you said vTX I got confused as I knew that was an OSD board and not a vTX

the mnova is both an osd and a vtx..
I'm hoping connecting the tx rx for the vtx gives me osd and especially/ specifically vbat which was missing before. in the bnf version, rx & tx wasn't connected.. only bat -/+. we'll see once it's together and plugged into bf i guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
ill need to learn true vision configurator... software for furious fpv osd stuff.

all i need is vbat onscreen. the turanis tells me flight time. mssi is might be available but would be a tx allert , not something in the screen. tmi and limited realistate onscreen limits me. id rather see to fly.. this should do it though there's some programming involved.

Last edited:
Just searched it, dont think that fc has osd. Does the fpv camera you are using not have osd?
im not sure either vertue, theres no audio to the vtx from a swift mini. im just hoping that through rx/tx on uart1 from the vtx that i can get vbat. that's what was missing before in the bnf build. we'll see, its going to take some programming if it works at all.

camera is plugged into the vtx. it's only +/-/ video. i need to get the vtx to feed vbat.. well see, it will take some bf and tx programming but it should happen.
thanks all, was a fun day. didn't finish it but it's close.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
just bought new motors for the 3"Screenshot_20180304-235657.png
these rock, direct replacements, ive put at least 1k packs (dots on bateries) through them and a plethora of blades/crashes/ videos. one motor is starting to shake a bit (probably a bent shaft?) . ive added fresh blades and tight screws but it's still shakey withought any other setting changes.... and it was butter smooth. i see a 3" rebuild coming. these were the right motors for this 3" maybe some paracord is in order, and replace raceflight with bf. new fc maybe.

Last edited:
the mnova is both an osd and a vtx..
I'm hoping connecting the tx rx for the vtx gives me osd and especially/ specifically vbat which was missing before. in the bnf version, rx & tx wasn't connected.. only bat -/+. we'll see once it's together and plugged into bf i guess.
If the vtx has osd, you dont need to run it through the fc unless it has something to do with smart audio (I'm guessing)

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
camera is plugged into the vtx. it's only +/-/ video. i need to get the vtx to feed vbat.. well see, it will take some bf and tx programming but it should happen.
thanks all, was a fun day. didn't finish it but it's close.
You are hooked up right then i'm pretty sure
Looking really good Future, great thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV