Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

once yesterday, once today, the 5" dropped out of the sky. no alert or message from the tx "telemetry lost"... nothing. motors just stopped. camera/vtx still worked. i find nothing wire wise thats obviously wrong.

both times it was after a punch out i think...
thoughts?

four esc shut off at once, it was one device beeping. probably not the ESCs unless one esc went bad, the fc said screw it and shut all four down leaving one beeping. it's new so i don't have all the beeps recognised yet.
it's gonna keep me from flying at the drift event this weekend if i dont get it fingered. lol

Reactions: HighTechPauper
either 75c or 95c not sure . today, the punch out was done along with the dive and it quit just going under the trees..(just sat down from 2-3'... it wasn't ripping really.
it resets and flies... same battery .. right after (unplugged/replugged)
but.. yesterday nate was high up enough to hit the initialize switch twice before it landed batter down (lush grass) no damage and that's scary. understand we flew 5 batteries today with no issue. 4 before and 1 after.. trying to make it happen but staying over lawns.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
Are you powering your vtx and camera from your flight controller?

Are you powering your vtx and camera from your flight controller?
yes, vtx power is from the flight controller.

the beeping at the start was new but he said he did something wierd with the throttle when he powered on. he rearmed, it turned on and well... he was alone so has to watch for traffic without me spotting. I'm still feeling like a truck hit me.

Last edited:
Agreed, it sounds like it may be a disarm command or unrecoverable failsafe. It could be a split-second command so maybe you could try going into your failsafe settings and change to hold for 1 or 1.5 seconds instead of land immediately and see if that fixes it

Correct, just change from drop to land. I'd just leave the delay at 10 which is 1 second and if this solves the problem maybe change it to 5.

Land can be a dangerous thing according to the experts, I would set throttle to Hold for a value of 5 (1/2 second) and then drop. Land has never been shown to work well according to many, but I personally have never tried it.

I have mine set to land with the throttle set just above idle. It still comes down very fast but stays level until it hits the ground. Not really ideal though if you have a bottom mounted, but it does work. I find the process of testing the function by turning off your radio while the quad is in the air is quite nerve-racking.....

ok, back to drop with a .7 sec delay. Nate is already of to the track (three day event). I'm not sure I'm well enough but this could be the last drift car event till fall for it us.

i just flew a battery, punch after punch and no failures. it's schetchy flying in front of a crowed on a race track (talk about walk of shame) we'll see. should be fun.
got the gopro but the mount comes in Monday so no gopro footage (no ziptie for me).
plenty of time to do this right.
thank you all for you input today!!!

it has to be inside the runcam...lol
it was a "lucky strike"
this turned out to be.. i repinned the plug to do the paracord. the "spur" on the audio pin was not "spured" enough and the pin slipped. It wasn't a good connection. I pulled the pin, "freshed" the edges on the spur and it is hooking/holding now.

the sound is good now, i blame my ambitious newbe wiring.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster