Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Leopard build test flight video...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A short test flight video from my new Leopard build with the Runcam Split (camera/HD DVR). The build information can be found in the following thread:

https://droneracingpilots.com/threads/prepping-for-geprc-leopard-build.1139/

The build went well but I burned up the first Split PCB board by plugging it improperly to VBAT instead of 5V. This board will only take 5V! The bird flies very well and the Split performs well for a very cheap alternative to a GoPro. This video is at 1080p 60fps. It is not as good as the GoPro but for the cost difference and the weight and aerodynamic savings, I'd do it again. I took the audio out because it's awful! The wind noise is very strong. I'm going to see if I can fix it.

Jerry

Check YT, I think I saw that a piece of foam over mic cleaned up wind noise and quiets it down a bit... or something like that
R

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hey Jerry,
Please let me know what you end up doing to improve the sound, interested in what ends up working for you.
R

Reactions: Jtrjr
Okay, here's what I'm going to try first. I took a piece of heat shrink tube and formed it over the mic. I then clipped the tube closer to the mic.

IMG_8248.JPG IMG_8251.JPG

I got a small piece of foam and rolled it into my fingers to get it started in the tube hole. I pushed it in to be just below the clipped portion of the tube.

IMG_8252.JPG IMG_8253.JPG

Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to test it today. I'm not overly concerned with having audio but it's nice to hear the motors to see how they're operating.

Jerry

10-4, simple enough, now to hear the improvement in future recordings and see if you decide to tweak it more. I need to chat you up about OSD and audio sometime soon, I'm itching to upgrade enough to get those working and need to pick your brain before I go into YT hell trying to round out knowledge.
SFM
R

Reactions: Jtrjr and Wayno52
Well, the mic "fix" helped a bit but the wind noise is still horrible.The bird itself is awesome! I ran 12 packs through it today and had a blast. It was nice to open it up a bit. I think I'm going to put my Chameleon on BF 3.2 and enable DShot600 as well. Speaking about the OSD, I sorted the RSSI and I'm loving the OSD. Just let me know when you want to chat. I'll try to post a short clip from the goggles so you can see the OSD on the Leopard.

Jerry

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster