Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Opened up The Leopard a little bit today...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I got the opportunity to open up The Leopard today. Ran 12 packs through it and had a blast. I really, really, really like this bird. I did change the ESC protocol to DShot 600 and the bird ran great. I'm just posting this video because I wrecked so it's shorter and doesn't require editing. I've got a lot more to look through but thought I'd throw this up for anyone interested.

Jerry

I really love my leopards. Knew you'd like it, lol hard not to.
Might try some polycarbonate 5x4x4 props, you'll be able to hit the smallest gaps...they are really "locked in" and the best imo for flying around/through obstacles. I like the dal 5x4x4 pc props for this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LW23NDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You also get a little more flight time out of them. The 5x4.5x3 polycarbonate props are good too, just not as locked in

Last edited:
Just reread your thread on this build and realized you are using the S series Emax motors on this one, that's the same motors I have been running these props on. (I love mine!) The 2306 S series Emax motors (white) are good too.

Very windy today so getting back to practicing rolls, flips, inverted flight, slowing down and smoothing my movements. I need to get more comfortable with allowing some more hang time and I definitely need to start smoothing out my stick movements.
(This video has motor and wind noise)

Jerry

My favorite part is yawing around behind the truck, racing it down the road, and yawing back around the front of it as it went by! Awesome flying Jerry!!!
Randy

Reactions: Jtrjr and Wayno52
Thanks guys! I know I'm not much of a pilot and it's taking me a bit longer than most to start to get the hang of this stuff but it's a great bit of fun and I'm a persistent old goat! I've watched many pass me by but as long as it's fun I'll keep getting on. I'm looking forward to seeing you two pass me by as well! It's watching guys like you come into your own in this hobby that keeps me inspired!

Jerry

Thanks guys! I know I'm not much of a pilot and it's taking me a bit longer than most to start to get the hang of this stuff but it's a great bit of fun and I'm a persistent old goat! I've watched many pass me by but as long as it's fun I'll keep getting on. I'm looking forward to seeing you two pass me by as well! It's watching guys like you come into your own in this hobby that keeps me inspired!

Jerry
You are a great pilot Jerry, wish I lived next door (around there, that could be miles away) to ya and could burn some paks with ya often

Jerry

Hi Jerry!

I am getting this slowly but surely. I have flown about 25 packs FPV and don't crash immediately anymore, but I still have a long way to go before it's not embarrassing :)
I am starting to have fun practicing flips and rolls in horizon/line of sight at about 10 feet off the ground as I am warming up for the day, I may be brave enough to try it FPV soon. After that I am going to switch to acro full time and work towards leaving horizon behind.

Randy

Randy,

You are picking up an awful lot in a short period of time. Just take your time and have fun! All stages of my flying are posted on these very pages. Just do a search. You couldn't embarrass yourself any more than I have and still do. That's why I post my videos. There's nothing to be embarrasses about when you're taking on a new challenge.

Jerry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe