Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mini Drones?

Yeah so it didnt work. I did discover that when I put my finger on a certain spot on the r12dsm, the transmitter showed full signal bars but as soon as I let off they would disapear. Im assuming this means it still hasnt binded correctly?

That is weird, sounds like there may be some kind of loose connection on that receiver from the factory. Maybe one of the surface mount components? Any other ideas guys?

Figures I would get a defect. I know I have the wiring correct.... just 3 of them. Gotta be a bad one from the factory. Im just gonna go ahead and try a different one.

Theres only three posts that come off the receiver.... I def have the ground hooked up

sounds like no ground, should be a shield ground and a pcb ground
I have no idea what the difference is.... the original reciever it came with had three wire but plugged into a smaller harness. The r12dsm has three long metal pieces. I cut the harness off and soldered the wires to a larger three prong connector that fit perfectly. Not sure what Im missing here.

I cant find one person.... on the entire internet thats used radiolink with this thing. lol. This is driving me crazy.

I know. I want to see the exact same model receiver and transmitter used cuz I obviously lack the skills to complete this on my own.

It sounds like the receiver is not working right. You seem to be doing everything correctly from what I can tell.

What virtue was saying about the grounds is the antennas have a shield on them which needs to be grounded. Depending on the receiver it may be a tiny u.fl connector (also called ipex or ipx) or it may be soldered directly on. I think yours has two u.fl connectors. Other than making sure they are pressed in tight, there isn't much else you can do about that.

It sounds like the receiver is not working right. You seem to be doing everything correctly from what I can tell.

What virtue was saying about the grounds is the antennas have a shield on them which needs to be grounded. Depending on the receiver it may be a tiny u.fl connector (also called ipex or ipx) or it may be soldered directly on. I think yours has two u.fl connectors. Other than making sure they are pressed in tight, there isn't much else you can do about that.

Yeah Its gotta be a bad connector or how its attached to the board. I get a signal right away on my transmitter when I put my thumb on the one shield and nothing changes when I do the same on the other antennae.

We are back in business. New receiver shows all bars on transmitter! Now I gotta go back and unf*ck everything I did to betaflight so I can get it to respond.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Side question. My charger says one of my batteries are too low???? Do I ditch the battery then?

i would keep trying to charge it occasionally, sometimes they will charge anyway after a few tries (at least on my charger)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam