Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mini Drones?

Kongkameltoe

Reaction score
Since I have very limited time to fly during daylight during the week I think getting a mini drone fpv would help me alot. I could use it inside anytime. Which ones should I stay away from? Can I use my at9 transmitter with two drones or would I have to change alot of stuff to make that happen?

what you are wanting is a micro drone, mini's are 4"-5". you can use your transmitter on micro's also

what you are wanting is a micro drone, mini's are 4"-5". you can use your transmitter on micro's also
Yes a micro drone. There are a few on amazon that look nice. I have an at9 radiolink transmitter. They list the micro drones as two different versions. A frysky and dsm i think? I cant figure out what my transmitter is? Thats what Im stuck on at the moment otherwise I would have ordered one already.

Yes a micro drone. There are a few on amazon that look nice. I have an at9 radiolink transmitter. They list the micro drones as two different versions. A frysky and dsm i think? I cant figure out what my transmitter is? Thats what Im stuck on at the moment otherwise I would have ordered one already.

You will need to put in your own receiver, which for micro drones would be an R6DSM. They're cheap and work great. Either get an ARF, or choose the FrSky BNF one since it uses s.bus just like the R6DSM. You would just replace the FrSky using the same wires and you're good to go.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Okay so i can use a frysky with the radiolink at9? They sell them with the receivers now... I think.

No, you need a Radiolink R6DSM receiver. If you can only get the version with a receiver, get the FrSky because it uses the same protocol (sbus) and therefore the same wiring to the FC and betaflight settings. So you can just disconnect the wires at the FrSky receiver and wire your R6DSM to those wires.

Radiolink has an r12 verson also. Would that work? Most of the drones ive been looking at come with or without a receiver.

It looks like the same connectors. Only difference is that its one piece not two pieces and has two antennae on it.

Maybe I was mistaking the front and back pictures for two separate items rather than front and back pictures lol.

Nope, not annoying
I hope not. The plan is to start organizing bigger events in my area when I can fly without being embarrassed lol. I used to run events and book shows in bigger clubs so I think I could really get something going here and get more people interested.

Nope, not annoying
One last question then.... does this mean I have an excuse to get the soldiering kit? or is it just a harness that would plug into? say if i got one with the frysky like you said. Also if i got one without a reciever what would the difference be for installing?

I would think you are going to need a soldering kit pretty soon. Some receivers use a 3-pin DuPont servo connector but some just have solder pads.
Well I used to rebuild pre 70s accessories for corvettes for years. That wont be a problem. Im actually excited about it lol. Everything Ive seen so far uses connectors for the receivers. If I have a all in one board without external escs, how does that work when one goes bad? Or is that the point, you dont have escs to go bad?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam