Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is all this OK?

Yeah they are. Can someone please tell me what the problem is with the links. I don't get it. Do they contain viruses? If they do, then obviously I'm buggered.

Hi, the issue is that you cannot know where the link goes without clicking it. Also, a secondary issue is the time it takes to follow a dozen links. We would be happy to advise, just post the name of the parts as well.

If using the $99 UAVfutures build, some of it is likely a bit dated by now.

Thanks guys,

So here is the list I was going to order. Please advise of anything that may me out of date or better at same price or a bit more.

Frame - Lisam LS-210 210mm Carbon Fiber Frame Kit Mini Quadcopter
ESC - Racerstar RS20Ax4 20A 4 in 1 Blheli_S Opto ESC 2-4S Support Dshot150 Dshot300 for RC FPV Racing Drone
Motors - 4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For QAV250 ZMR250 RC Drone FPV Racing
PDB - Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V 2oz Copper for RC Drone FPV Racing Multi Rotor
VTX - Eachine VTX03 Super Mini 5.8G 72CH 0/25mW/50mw/200mW Switchable FPV Transmitter
FC - F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF/Deluxe 10 DOF for RC Multirotor FPV Racing Drone
Camera - Eachine 1000TVL 1/3 CCD 110 Degree 2.8mm Lens Wide Voltage 5-20V Mini FPV Camera NTSC PAL Switchable
Props - 1 Pair DYS 5042 5 Inch 3 Blade Propeller Triblade Bullnose Prop Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple
Radio - Flysky FS-i6S 2.4G 10CH AFHDS 2A Transmitter With FS-iA6B Receiver
Goggles - Eachine EV100 720*540 5.8G 72CH FPV Goggles With Dual Antennas Fan 7.4V 1000mAh Battery For RC Drone
4S Charger - WLtoys V950 RC Helicopter Part DC 2-4S Li-poly/Li-ion Battery Charger
4S battery - ZOP Power 14.8V 1400mAh 65C 4S Lipo Battery XT60 Plug

Hey question if you don't mind. What's the general consensus in regards to transmitters? Do people use one transmitter for each drone or do they just use one transmitter and bind it to a drone as they want to fly?

If I understand correctly, I think most only have 1 transmitter, some people have been in the hobby long enough that they have 2 or more for one reason or another like more channels or features.
I have 1 FrSky Taranis X9D+ and I doubt I will ever need another one. Most have the ability to store the settings for more than 1 model and bind to more than 1 receiver, and some people like me just bind all the receivers to the same transmitter on the same model number and the same receiver number. I have 3 of the same bird and all the receivers are bound to the Taranis as the same model # and the same receiver #0, so no matter which one I power up I don't have to make any changes to the transmitter. Now I am fairly new to this so there may be some reason to vary from this method as I get more quads of different sizes or makes, but for now it keeps things simple so less chance of making a mistake.

Thanks guys,

So here is the list I was going to order. Please advise of anything that may me out of date or better at same price or a bit more.

ESC - Racerstar RS20Ax4 20A 4 in 1 Blheli_S Opto ESC 2-4S Support Dshot150 Dshot300 for RC FPV Racing Drone
Motors - 4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For QAV250 ZMR250 RC Drone FPV Racing
PDB - Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V 2oz Copper for RC Drone FPV Racing Multi Rotor
VTX - Eachine VTX03 Super Mini 5.8G 72CH 0/25mW/50mw/200mW Switchable FPV Transmitter
FC - F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF/Deluxe 10 DOF for RC Multirotor FPV Racing Drone
Camera - Eachine 1000TVL 1/3 CCD 110 Degree 2.8mm Lens Wide Voltage 5-20V Mini FPV Camera NTSC PAL Switchable
Props - 1 Pair DYS 5042 5 Inch 3 Blade Propeller Triblade Bullnose Prop Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple
Goggles - Eachine EV100 720*540 5.8G 72CH FPV Goggles With Dual Antennas Fan 7.4V 1000mAh Battery For RC Drone
4S Charger - WLtoys V950 RC Helicopter Part DC 2-4S Li-poly/Li-ion Battery Charger

Give me some time to look at this stuff, I think you may want to vary from the recipe a little for a more robust build that will make it easier to fix as you break things down the road.
For instance, and maybe Green or Virtue will have some input on this, I wouldn't get that frame because it is a 1 piece bottom and so if there is any damage the whole bottom plate for instance is trash.
For about 2x the price I would get a good X frame with separate arms that can be replaced a little easier and a little cheaper. Some of those X frames have the arms meet/shoulder each other at the center of the quad which can increase the stiffness of the frame while still allowing for an arm change out for instance.

I bought the Eachine Wizard X220 ARF knowing it would take a huge amount of abuse as I learn to fly, and I needed to learn to fly not build, so I chose this as my first cheap beater quad. It must be pretty popular because it is out of stock now. Also I got it for US$99.99 on sale from China and it may go that low again around the holidays. Just a thought.

Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racing RC Drone Blheli_S F3 6DOF 2205 2300KV Motors 5.8G 48CH 200MW VTX ARF

Just the frame kit is available from Grayson Hobby for $35

Eachine Wizard 220x Frame | KIT

Here is the some of the replacement parts currently available but the arms are currently out of stock.

4 x Eachine Wizard X220 Racing RC Drone Spare Part Frame Arm Carbon Fiber
1 x Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racing RC Drone Spare Part Lower Plate Carbon Fiber
1 x Eachine Wizard X220 Racing RC Drone Spare Part Upper Plate Top Plate Carbon Fiber
This part says for X220S but it is the same as the X220.
1 x Eachine Wizard X220S FPV Racer RC Drone Spare Part Bottom Protective Plate

I chose this over the X220S frame because that frame is not as good as the original X220, the arms do not meet in the middle and they are not full carbon fiber like the X220 arms.

Just some thoughts on this one thing, hopefully Green or Virtue will chime in with a better choice if I am way off base here.

I would seriously consider going with a better RC. If you are a gamer you may find the Turnigy Evolution fits well.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fpv-rac...DdlHhj-1rxZIDxyc7pxoCEh0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or I would look for a sale on the FrSky Taranis QX7 over the holidays. This was the cheapest I could find but it may go lower around or just after the holidays. FrSky is known for great distance and reliability so you can't go wrong there, and they have some of the smallest, least expensive, feature rich receivers in the market. I personally fly XSR's for about $15 each in my birds.

FrSky TARANIS Q X7 2.4GHz 7CH Transmitter -$98.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Again, maybe Green or Virtue will have better ideas or thoughts on this.

Thanks guys,

For the flight controller, I would get one with PDB and OSD built in. Then you get status like battery level and stuff on your goggles screen, and you can eliminate the PDB entirely sometimes. Either the betaflight f3 AIO or an omnibus would be good. Flip 32 - F3 - Omnibus v3 ( w/ BARO OPTION)

You might think about getting a 4in1 ESC. I like them better but not everyone does. There are plenty of good ones 20A D-SHOT DETONATOR "4IN1" ESC BLHELI_S - (MUILTSHOT)

Those goggles get bad reviews, but I have never tried them. For cheap goggles I like eachine VR-007, or midrange I love eachine Goggles Two.

Whatever you do, don't buy a ZOP battery. :D www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/comments/6ynhqp/took_apart_a_puffed_up_lipo_and_everything_is_a

I dont know anything about that frame, but check out the low end (or small) options from space one, catalyst machineworks, shendrones, tomoquads, etc...

Last edited:
Green has built a lot of quads and is up on all the latest/sturdiest parts, I would defer to his experience and checkout anything he suggests.

Green is right as rain about ZOP, do not buy them, they get terrible reviews and for just a few dollars more you can get a good battery.
I think Green runs a lot of these and he says they work well. You may find a better price or better shipping charges if you shop around and look for holiday sales.

CNHL G+PLUS 1300mAh 14.8V 4S 100C Li-Po Battery | eBay

I also hesitate anymore to buy entry level for things for like a charger, you spend money on something you will outgrow very quickly, and that money would be better spent on something that can grow with you.

Something along this line will give you the ability to add a parallel charge board later and charge 4 x 1300 or 1500 mah batteries at 1C all at the same time. I can almost bet that you will have more than one battery in time and waiting almost an hour for each one to charge is a bit tedious especially since you NEED to monitor the charge for safety reasons.

Hitec X1 Mini- AC/DC Charger [HRC44241] | Cars & Trucks

I have his bigger brother and charge up to 14 batteries at a time at 1C, I have 22 batts so I don't want to spend 2 days charging for an afternoon of flying.

IMG_2274.jpg

Fleet.jpg

And just as a note, I have nothing but ThunderPower batts, but I got them all on sale which brought my cost down to less than $21 a battery including free shipping and no tax.
But there are a number of highly rated batteries that you can find on sale for even less if you keep your eyes open.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Thanks guys. Very overwelming with this info and feeling very dumb at the moment.
HighTech, I get what you're saying about spending more on things like chargers, and probably goggles too I guess. Thng is, I would like to sorta get my feet wet, get a feel for the racing drone world and see what I think of it. If I fall in love, I'm all in, but if I decide it's not for me, then I haven't spent like $800 - $1,000 on something I don't want to use. The controller you suggested is no issue, or anything else that's been suggested here in fact. I would like to buy fat shark goggles but I won't because they're over $500 and again, like I said earlier. This is why I have opted for the cheap goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81