Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is all this OK?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So I initially started watching the $99 racing drone build YT video, so I thought that's pretty cheap to start out and test the waters and see if I like to commit to the hobby. The $99 was US so cost abit more in AU. Then there was the choice given in the video to upgrade to better parts, so I thought, what the heck, let's go better, didn't cost that much extra. Then I realise all the expensive parts were not taken into account.
So from a $99 drone, I ended up spending around $550AU.

Today I also bought the DJI goggles and P4Pro.

Ah I need to do some overtime at work!

PS. Please let me know if I've missed any components from the list above. The banana plugs and XT60's, I bought to make the cable for the charger. I could've bought it but I like to make my own

Reactions: HighTechPauper
My only real question is why did you get a Matek PDB when the Racerstar has one built in and the Martian frame comes with one (even tho that one has NOTHING but distrib, no bec or anything)?
I like how you worry about the cost and then go and get a p4p and dji goggles, that will cost a pretty penny I know lol
:)

My only real question is why did you get a Matek PDB when the Racerstar has one built in and the Martian frame comes with one (even tho that one has NOTHING but distrib, no bec or anything)?
Probably forgot to remove it from the list.
I like how you worry about the cost and then go and get a p4p and dji goggles, that will cost a pretty penny I know lol
Yeah, over 3 gran today!

Yeah the p4p is a super nice quad, flies itself, but you can still crash it. I had an RTH mishap after about 3 months and was glad I had the Care Refresh plan. Cost me $99 to get mine taken care of after running straight into a tree on the way home after losing connectivity. Taught me to always set/check my RTH altitude before every flight.
It is a totally different thing than race quads which do not fly themselves, and is a little closer to running your p4p in Atti mode except even in Atti mode the bird still auto levels, for your race quad you will eventually start flying in Acro mode, no auto level to fight with the whole time your trying to go anywhere.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Yeah the p4p is a super nice quad, flies itself, but you can still crash it. I had an RTH mishap after about 3 months and was glad I had the Care Refresh plan. Cost me $99 to get mine taken care of after running straight into a tree on the way home after losing connectivity. Taught me to always set/check my RTH altitude before every flight.
It is a totally different thing than race quads which do not fly themselves, and is a little closer to running your p4p in Atti mode except even in Atti mode the bird still auto levels, for your race quad you will eventually start flying in Acro mode, no auto level to fight with the whole time your trying to go anywhere.
Are these drones all capable of flying acro mode or do you need to select certain FC and/or other parts?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Are these drones all capable of flying acro mode or do you need to select certain FC and/or other parts?

I think it's my bed time now lol. Been a long lazy day, the way I like it

They all do Acro, in fact the only ones that don't are ones like the p4p, you won't be doing any flips or rolls with your Phantom
Thanks. Look forward to the challenge of building and flying this thing.

Sorry, I have had the flu.

I was down at Wreaths Across America at Arlington National Cemetery today, I had almost no cell service and am not sure how I managed to end up giving a "like" to this comment.
So let me be clear, GET WELL QUICK Green!!!
That's what I had been trying to do with this post but just couldn't seem to stay connected long enough to do it.

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Hey question if you don't mind. What's the general consensus in regards to transmitters? Do people use one transmitter for each drone or do they just use one transmitter and bind it to a drone as they want to fly?
It is totally up to you and to the limits of your storage space or the transmitter(s) you are using, in my opinion. Most transmitters will let you create separate 'profiles' for each drone you bind them to, or you can just bind to other drones using the same default profile (just gotta fly one drone at a time if sharing that way of course). But if you don't mind (what I consider the start of a clutter of transmitters) and you have the money to spend on a new transmitter for each quad, then by all means do it. I personally think it reduces on space to store multiple transmitters. I'm currently working with 2 and probably will pick up a 3rd to bind to current and future quads. I plan to stop there.

Reactions: Solly747400
Taught me to always set/check my RTH altitude before every flight.

Attempted an 8 mile run around the lake with my P3Pro realized about a third of the way that the battery wasn’t going to make it (I’m all the way at the other end of the lake), aborted by using the RTH (First and only time I ever used it). Almost lost the bird because I didn’t modify the RTH altitude from my previous location.

Jerry

Attempted an 8 mile run around the lake with my P3Pro realized about a third of the way that the battery wasn’t going to make it (I’m all the way at the other end of the lake), aborted by using the RTH (First and only time I ever used it). Almost lost the bird because I didn’t modify the RTH altitude from my previous location.

Yeah I hear ya. I did a distance test on the weekend and I forgot I had updated my go4 app. I went out 5.2kms when it told me to RTH due to battery, so I did. It all went well, made it back with 16% battery. I was at 120m altitude. Only after I realised my RTH was set to 30m. Lucky I had chosen to fly a higher altitude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax