Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

i need help

I have 600 dollars AUD I'm new to fpv drones I bought a eachine wizard x220s and it broke (flight controller burnt) faulty product. anyway I need I few lists of drones that are worth getting and also radios and batteries

it would be great if I could get a lot of options.
I also had two Eachine Wizard x220 quads which had faulty esc's which failed within about 10 minutes. It literally put me off flying for 3 years. After replacing the esc, it's flown perfectly for around 20 packs.

I hope you can get a refund, partial refund, or have them send you a replacement flight controller. And buy replacement parts for when they fail, if you want to keep flying the x220.

As for other quads, maybe you could get a few Mobula6 and/or LarvaX mini-quads? That's what I'm planning to do, although I'm also a beginner so my plans are a bit scattered ATM.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Tevek, this is a smaller quad than ours too so it should probably only run 2.5 inch props. Grant doesn't have a huge amount to choose from but I think as long as it has 1.5mm shaft hole it should be ok.
But please correct me if I'm wrong.
Again, all good, I was busy getting the chicken soup sorted and bringing in firewood and I got carried away. Wrong props , should be bi blade, 65mm x 1.5mm hole as you posted earlier.

I also had two Eachine Wizard x220 quads which had faulty esc's which failed within about 10 minutes. It literally put me off flying for 3 years. After replacing the esc, it's flown perfectly for around 20 packs.

I hope you can get a refund, partial refund, or have them send you a replacement flight controller. And buy replacement parts for when they fail, if you want to keep flying the x220.

As for other quads, maybe you could get a few Mobula6 and/or LarvaX mini-quads? That's what I'm planning to do, although I'm also a beginner so my plans are a bit scattered ATM.
yes, I flew my machine x220s the second version and it flew great it was smooth and it was responsive. then one day I plugged in the drone ready to go and fly it and the flight controller had a short circuit and smoked up. it was a sad and confusing day I didn't know what the heck happened I messaged banggood they place I bought it from and they came up with illy reasons then we lodged a pay pall and I got my money back. all of this was happening around Christmas time and it was properly hard for banggood to communicate because of the Chinese new year and the corona virus. that we didn't even know what at the time. anyway I'm going to buy the Diatone cube because these amazing people came up with a list for me

yes, I flew my machine x220s the second version and it flew great it was smooth and it was responsive. then one day I plugged in the drone ready to go and fly it and the flight controller had a short circuit and smoked up. it was a sad and confusing day I didn't know what the heck happened I messaged banggood they place I bought it from and they came up with illy reasons then we lodged a pay pall and I got my money back. all of this was happening around Christmas time and it was properly hard for banggood to communicate because of the Chinese new year and the corona virus. that we didn't even know what at the time. anyway I'm going to buy the Diatone cube because these amazing people came up with a list for me
I had to deal with banggood with a faulty AIO (all in one) board on my mobula 7 HD and they asked for videos of the quad as proof of the problem. That was a challenge due to the fact that the quad didn’t fire up at all so sent them a video. Three weeks later they offered up a discount towards a new one and I told them to get stuffed. In the end I took it to the place where I bought and they repaired it at their cost (under warranty). I guess that’s what shopping locally offers you rather than taking your chances with overseas buying.
Anyway, you sound like you’re getting close to making a decision and hopefully you have enough info to do so. Apologies for a couple of my posts being ambiguous but thinking and typing whilst running around for your wife will do that to you... Thankfully @Wayno52 was on the ball. You won’t be disappointed with the Diatone, I spent an hour yesterday tweaking a few things and it’s a glorious piece of kit.
Maybe you’ll end up like some of us here on the forum that become obsessed with them.
21BF00B9-22D7-4685-9D20-640C16059498.jpeg

wow ! you definitely know what you're talking about.
i was also looking at a freestyle buzz. due to the coronavirus shipping might be hard to work out so I have limited options. I flew the eachine wizard 2 times before it died and it was really good fun I want to have that experience with a 5 inch I know its, not the best to have a really powerful quad but it's so fun I have 600 and I just want to have fun I don't mind if I break it ill pay for things to fix it. is the buzz any good and also I'm from Australia do you know where I could be local? don't worry if you're from the USA. one more thing I could have and extra 150 after that so mt total could be 750 aud
I have the buzz and love it
Lost it and bought another bnf from progressive rc for $185!

Hey Tevek, I have been thinking about the cube and there are so many options which option did you buy? I'm also confused because the 339 does 3s and its the fastest right? and the 329 is on the buzz fpv website and its slower? i don't really get what the difference between the cubes. @tevek

thanks

Hey Tevek, I have been thinking about the cube and there are so many options which option did you buy? I'm also confused because the 339 does 3s and its the fastest right? and the 329 is on the buzz fpv website and its slower? i don't really get what the difference between the cubes. @tevek

thanks
Hi there, the 239 will also run on 3S (also run on 2S quite happily and 4S, although the weight of the 4S would be overkill), the motors have threaded holes to mount screw type props if you wish. As for speed, yes the 339 is slightly quicker due to the different motors, but for the type of quad and flying you would do, it’s not an issue. From memory both quads run nearly identical hardware and the vtx is right up there in quality and run 200 mW outputs giving you better video and thereby goggle performance.
Don't be put off by the size or speed of 239, they are more than up to a thrashing and crashing. I was flying mine yesterday trying to get some DVR footage, and practice, and slammed it into the roof of my house bouncing onto the carport and I had the dreaded grab the ladder adventure. Not a mark on it, props still intact and I flew another couple of packs straight after it.
I have a number of similar sized quads that I have rebuilt after similar crashes or simply thrown in the bin. I suspect it’s the frame design of the cube that goes a long way in protecting the quad.
The main reason I bought the 339 was that I already had a pile of 3S batteries that I run with my other gear and so it was a financial no brainer.

Thanks that helped me a lot so it can run 3s and 4s its says on the website 2s to 3s how do I make it run 4s and also I saw it comes with. plug thing to plug in the r-xsr receiver and no soldering required? and one more thing will these props work? ill send my list again and can you check I have everything @tevek

,Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.27.23 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.27.23 am.png
    222 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.28.02 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.28.02 am.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks that helped me a lot so it can run 3s and 4s its says on the website 2s to 3s how do I make it run 4s and also I saw it comes with. plug thing to plug in the r-xsr receiver and no soldering required? and one more thing will these props work? ill send my list again and can you check I have everything @tevek

,Thanks
The websites state that you can run between 2S/4S but the guy that helped develop them warned that despite a 4S battery being too big and outweigh any flight benefits, there is every chance that you’ll blow up the esc’s during aggressive flying or punch outs. As for the receiver, there is a tail that simply plugs into a r-xsr receiver to make set ups easier. I use a different type of receiver that requires a bit of soldering but that’s just me.
I wouldn’t be running anything bigger than 3S on the 239, and until you get the hang of it, take it easy.
I’ll have a look at your list after I feed the chooks...

ok sorry about that I thought I read you saying that it is 4s

"Hi there, the 239 will also run on 3S (also run on 2S quite happily and 4S"

you said this

@tevek

,Thanks
The props are incorrect in your second screenshot and on your main list. They’re the ones I use. You need 65mm bi blade 1.5mm push on types that are more than good enough to get you started. I run them on my turbobee 120RS and that thing gets smashed around quite a bit. Not sure why you need marker pens, but the heat shrink will come in handy later (maybe sleeve your r-xsr receiver if it’s not already sleeved?).
Maybe resend your list with those changes and we can have another look. You will also need some 1.5mm/2.0mm Allen keys to get into the canopy for installing your receiver and antennas unless you have fingers like ET.
Turbobee on the left and 339 on the right.
image.jpg

The props are incorrect in your second screenshot and on your main list. They’re the ones I use. You need 65mm bi blade 1.5mm push on types that are more than good enough to get you started. I run them on my turbobee 120RS and that thing gets smashed around quite a bit. Not sure why you need marker pens, but the heat shrink will come in handy later (maybe sleeve your r-xsr receiver if it’s not already sleeved?).
Maybe resend your list with those changes and we can have another look. You will also need some 1.5mm/2.0mm Allen keys to get into the canopy for installing your receiver and antennas unless you have fingers like ET.
Turbobee on the left and 339 on the right.
View attachment 4125
I have added the markers so I can give it a design and also with your props you have the two screws can you do that with this drone on the 239 and ill fix the list and show you again.

the highlighter help me see it better in the air even tho its small

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.04.59 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.04.59 am.png
    622.6 KB · Views: 1
ok made the list again I added tones of heat shrink to put on the arms and the receiver I don't need an Allen key because I have one at home. is there nay cool things I can buy to add to the drone

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.18.10 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.18.16 am.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18