Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

i need help

Helpme123

Reaction score
I have 600 dollars AUD I'm new to fpv drones I bought a eachine wizard x220s and it broke (flight controller burnt) faulty product. anyway I need I few lists of drones that are worth getting and also radios and batteries

it would be great if I could get a lot of options.

Well firstly welcome to the club and secondly welcome to the world of the wizard x220. You either had a good rig or you ended up rebuilding them ad nauseum like me and many others. They run flysky protocol which can be painful of itself, better running with frsky which opens up a heap of options. If you are just starting out, maybe the emax tinyhawk bundle might be a good place to start.
Since you have 600 rods, I’d be looking at a Taranis QX7S controller, a set of EV800 goggles and a tiny hawk quad. Pretty much bullet proof and you have the basis for updating your quads with having a controller and a set of goggles to keep you up to speed.

wow ! you definitely know what you're talking about.
i was also looking at a freestyle buzz. due to the coronavirus shipping might be hard to work out so I have limited options. I flew the eachine wizard 2 times before it died and it was really good fun I want to have that experience with a 5 inch I know its, not the best to have a really powerful quad but it's so fun I have 600 and I just want to have fun I don't mind if I break it ill pay for things to fix it. is the buzz any good and also I'm from Australia do you know where I could be local? don't worry if you're from the USA. one more thing I could have and extra 150 after that so mt total could be 750 aud

Reactions: Wayno52 and tevek
wow ! you definitely know what you're talking about.
i was also looking at a freestyle buzz. due to the coronavirus shipping might be hard to work out so I have limited options. I flew the eachine wizard 2 times before it died and it was really good fun I want to have that experience with a 5 inch I know its, not the best to have a really powerful quad but it's so fun I have 600 and I just want to have fun I don't mind if I break it ill pay for things to fix it. is the buzz any good and also I'm from Australia do you know where I could be local? don't worry if you're from the USA. one more thing I could have and extra 150 after that so mt total could be 750 aud
Not sure about knowing much about the hobby, there are people on this forum that could smash me all over the park with their knowledge and are extremely helpful. I started out with two wizards (still have them as they owe me a fair bit of money in rebuild costs) and now have quite a few. Most of them are either 3” or the smaller micro/cinewhoops as they are the best size to learn on, don’t bother many people with size and noise and you can fly around your house without copping a covid fine...
I live in WA and most of my gear comes from Perth, pricing is competitive and there are far less hassles with shipping. You have a fairly good budget to grab a RTF package including a battery charger, batteries, props , soldering iron etc. Be prepared to crash and learn how to rebuild your kit as that is how it rolls with flying quads.
Again, welcome to the hobby and you’re going to have a fat time!
I’ve attached a link to the place where I buy my gear in Perth as an example.

I have been looking at a website for a while could you make a list of the qx7 I should get and the drone and battery I have googles already could you please give me 3 options thanks

in was also looking at this drone called the blade torrent its 1s to 3s and it seems good should i get the torrent a qx7 and some batts ?

The Torrent's not bad but it's a little old now, it comes down to price. If you don't need the ducts, you'll get better performance without them. I just got the big brother to this guy and I really like it

Reactions: Wayno52 and tevek
The Torrent's not bad but it's a little old now, it comes down to price. If you don't need the ducts, you'll get better performance without them. I just got the big brother to this guy and I really like it
Just picked up the GTB339 and it’s a great quad. I’ve only put about a dozen packs through it and it’s my new go to quad when flying at home. Easy to fly and a pretty good tune out of the box. Best part is that it even looks elegant when crashing it.

I have been looking at a website for a while could you make a list of the qx7 I should get and the drone and battery I have googles already could you please give me 3 options thanks
I’ve got a QX7S that came with a battery and charger that I have all my quads linked to. From memory it was about $250.
I would give either the turbobee 120RS V2 or the Diatone GTB 339 a look at if you are looking at 2.5/3” sized quads. You can run either of them on 3S XT30 batteries, get reasonable flight time and they go like stink. Both of them are around $200 and are great for all levels of experience. You could also look at the Tinyhawk quads but from memory they only run on 25mW (the other two I mentioned can run up to 200mW - good for flying further and amongst trees and the like).
I would avoid buying anything from HappyModel through places like Banggood, freight is an issue at the moment but more importantly, the quality control is rubbish. I have an Eachine Trashcan(s) and a Mobula 7HD that have each reduced me to tears along the way.

Reactions: Wayno52
So I think that sounds good so I should get the qx7 the Diatone cube and some batts. does the qx7 come with a receiver or can I link the qx7 with the cube straight out of the box or do I have to buy a receiver to put in the cube

Reactions: Wayno52
Hi and welcome to the forum Helpme123. I too am in WA and like tevek I buy most of my gear there.
I also have the cube 339 and love it.
It is very tight to work on but a great quad. How are your soldering skills?

I'm pretty good I know the basics but my dad's a pro. also, I really thinking about getting this cube but plug and play. does that mean I have to get a receiver and on the buzz website do they sell a receiver for the qx7 ? could you send me a link to the controller and a receiver. and also will i need to buy a battery tray or a battery for the trannis controller.

Yes you will need to install a receiver in the quad.
If you go for the Frsky RXSR it simply plugs into it. No soldering required.
Tight fit though.
Just another option that is getting amazing reviews is the multiprotocol Jumper T16 pro.
Little bit more but rates really high.
Will send you a couple of links. We will all vary a little bit so this is just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax