Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello everyone!

Tyson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Tyson! I'm a newbie looking into a racing drone and need your advice. I currently own a DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I'm interested in the racing but don't know what to buy. What do you think?

seems everyone who purchased rtf drones from grayson hobby have been really happy with their drones and graysons customer service
the wizzard 220 seems to be hot atm

Hi, I'm Tyson! I'm a newbie looking into a racing drone and need your advice. I currently own a DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I'm interested in the racing but don't know what to buy. What do you think?
hey Tyson ciao:)
be extremely careful lol...
I have dji mavic and just like you I thought "yeah let's have some fun with a fpv racing drone..
so I bought wizard x220s (rtf = ready to fly)
probably you'll have same doubts and problems like I just did:p
1) rtt basically means you have the drone ready BUT to really fly you still need to go into settings(betaflight)
2) propellers.. is not like with our dji drones.. you have to put propellers in the right way (clockwise and counterclockwise.. yes with Dji Mavic also but it's pretty easy to understand how.. here not so direct lol)
3) don't forget to buy battery AA for the remote controller or when you are RTF actually you are not [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
4) yes.. buy some extra parts and a solder... after 2 flights I already need these things ;(
5) 1st flight go over a huge field.. no people.. no Googles.. just Los (line of sight) and be careful cause throttle doesn't work like in dji drones...

well seems funny it probably just takes longer (fixing and learning) than a dji drone! I already had some troubles but ain't gonna give up so easily!

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the DroneRacingPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments racing quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hey Tyson, welcome. I just got diatone tyrant s and flew for the first time about an hour ago. I'm in Perth and it's blowing about 30 knots atm so not ideal day to test but my goodness this thing is amazing to fly even in very gusty winds. Whole package with goggles and 2 X 4s batteries totally rtf $548 delivered. Not sure on your budget but please have a look at it. It's a fantastic well built race drone for first one.

Hey Tyson, welcome. I just got diatone tyrant s and flew for the first time about an hour ago. I'm in Perth and it's blowing about 30 knots atm so not ideal day to test but my goodness this thing is amazing to fly even in very gusty winds. Whole package with goggles and 2 X 4s batteries totally rtf $548 delivered. Not sure on your budget but please have a look at it. It's a fantastic well built race drone for first one.
do you have a link you can post for the guys looking?

Thinking of building one but still don't know if I'm even going to get one but am very interested and looks like lots of fun!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Yes, you buy a transmitter, if all you are gonna do is fly quads, i recommend the turnigy evolution, it comes with 1 receiver with which you bind your quad to your transmitter. I recommend you go ahead and buy your transmitter and download a sim immediately so by the time you get fpv equipment and a quad, you'll be able to fly it

Welcome to the club or at least close to joining. Like you I came here after enjoying my DJI(mavic owner). There are so many options out there for quads, radios, gear you just have to ask questions and watch videos like crazy. Like virtueviolator. I also recommend the turnigy evolution radio I have it and love it ,ugh better to me then my Taranis x7. Also agree buy the radio then fly on a simulator. If you don’t like it someone is always looking for a new radio.

Take a look at this video if you’re considering building one it's more like $135 for upgraded version —

Hi Tyson! Welcome to the DRP forum!

If you want to build your first I don't think you can go wrong with Stu's $$99 build from what little bit I know. I needed to learn to fly, and I already have the background to build and repair, so I got an ARF Eachine Wizard X220 from Banggood when they had it on sale for $99. This thing flies great from my perspective and will work very well to get you into flying if that's the way you end up going.

Again, welcome!

Randy

Reactions: VirtueViolater
So I think I'm wont do racing YET. I am saving for a DJI Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo or DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FAllfrey