Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is this a good setup for an FPV Drone?

TheAnt

Reaction score
Hello, i'm building my first FPV drone, I wanted to know if all the parts are compatible and if I should switch something out for something more reliable or better? Also what kind of speeds could this type of build reach?

F80 Pro 3-6S FPV Racing Drone Motor KV2500 (36.4g per motor in total 145.6g)
Five33 Lightswitch V2 (49g)
DJI O3 Air Unit (39.5g)
SpeedyBee F405 Mini BLS 35A 20x20 Stack
RDQ Series 22.2V 6S 1000mAh 100C LiPo Battery - XT60 (185g)
4.1x4.1 EP (Props)

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I am trying to figure out what parts are needed and what each part does to build a small FPV drone, myself so I can't help you at all...I wish you the best of luck,please keep us updated with your progress...what controller and goggles do you plan to use?....and roughly how much will it wind up costing?

This component list looks quite suitable for a typical racing drone. I personally would opt for an F7 flight controller rather than an F4 as it would be faster and more upgradable for a longer time and If I wanted the best possible performance out of the that frame I might go with full 5" props but you're on the right track it should work just fine.

What does the flight controller actually do?.....is it the item in the operator's hands to maneuver the drone...or is it a component that controls the motors so the drone travels?

The FC (flight controller) is the PCB (printed circuit board) on the aircraft that controls the motors via the ESCs (electronic speed controllers)....one for each motor on the other board in the stack. The FC also distributes power the peripherals, monitors myriad sensors and provides real-time data streams to the video feed.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Hey Dan...thank you for responding....you are older than I am...how do you know this stuff?👍...Have you ever built a drone, yourself? It sounds like you are well versed in them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18