Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

we'll see what comes back "whole" tomorrow.
20180309_212547.jpg

btw - this beta flight pack is worth every penny. its holding everything and still has room for the micro and batteries (when ready)

Reactions: Wayno52
I have mine set to land with the throttle set just above idle. It still comes down very fast but stays level until it hits the ground. Not really ideal though if you have a bottom mounted, but it does work. I find the process of testing the function by turning off your radio while the quad is in the air is quite nerve-racking.....
nate and i discussed testing... it needs the blades off i think but hovering over the lawn and throwing a switch did come to mind. nope! lol

i didn't get to go racing. being sick still it was tempting but would have been delinquent. its the flu and though I'm feeling better, a day at Orlando Speed World would have set me back. All the goodies needed to finish the 2" arrived around 11am. so i finished the build and tested the electronics. all good, tomorrow ill do the BF setup and hopefully fly. new Rx needs binding first but the FC is the same so already set
15207347443991869292793.jpg

Last edited:
ahem.. ) :
.. the motors on the micro are wired backwards plus what should be motor one (motor four at this time) isn't running. this is going to take surgery.. lol. but not today. today im flying batteries.
nate is still at the track. he's going to love four blade props on the 3" if i can keep them straight today
( :

Motors running backwards, can u change direction in FC software or ESC software?
Can only really be 1 of 3 things...
Motor
ESC
Bad FC or bad FC signal wire connection for that motor.
Seems to me anyway but I can't remember specifics on that build.
If it is a bad signal wire connection, fix it.
If it is a bad FC signal output then try remapping to a free pad if possible.

well, i changed to oneshot125 and all motors work (reversed motor order). works on multishot as well. something doesn't like Dshot and everything "should be" dshot ready.
oh well, i think ill reset and start BF from scratch and stop trying to finger what came BNF.

Motors running backwards, can u change direction in FC software or ESC software?
Can only really be 1 of 3 things...
Motor
ESC
Bad FC or bad FC signal wire connection for that motor.
Seems to me anyway but I can't remember specifics on that build.
If it is a bad signal wire connection, fix it.
If it is a bad FC signal output then try remapping to a free pad if possible.
changing motor direction doesn't help when the motor control wires are backwards. unless i can reassign motors to the FC I'm gonna have to redo them. no biggie. should be a fun surgery actually.
flew my butt off today. the 5" simply OWNS big fields... flew the mini in a small park.. scraggle city. came back home to my yard. its fun going out but my yard is the prefect playground.
this thing is on the way to the liquer store... the builders ran out of money i think but it needs to be flown
20180309_132440.jpg

he's going to love four blade props on the 3" if i can keep them straight today
( :
nope, i bent them all to hell lol. he'll have wait. he'll try to fly but it's no longer "right". you can only straighten blades to a point. ( :
20 new sets ordered! i still have 10 three blade 30x30x3 coming but wtf. they can wait.

more control
more punch
more butter....

if a race drone can do acro.. 4 blade is how it's done. now to get some 4 blade props for the 5". it's already butter but wth.

Last edited:
Haha, oh man this thread makes me laugh to a point I have to sit down every time I get back to it.
Futura you are in my eyes an absolute trooper, never give up, never get discouraged, never say never. You are a true warrior my friend.
I love your builds and learn from you every time I get back here.
Oh and you’re playground does rock.
Wayne

changing motor direction doesn't help when the motor control wires are backwards. unless i can reassign motors to the FC I'm gonna have to redo them. no biggie. should be a fun surgery actually.
flew my butt off today. the 5" simply OWNS big fields... flew the mini in a small park.. scraggle city. came back home to my yard. its fun going out but my yard is the prefect playground.
this thing is on the way to the liquer store... the builders ran out of money i think but it needs to be flown
View attachment 2019

That couldn't have been worded more perfectly "it needs to be flown"..With the scenery in the background, that would make a kick-*** video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion