Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Opened up The Leopard a little bit today...

Cheers Jerry, seems wherever I fly, people come from nowhere and I know I wouldn’t want to be hit by my bird. I certainly don’t want to hit anyone else. Generally take 4 packs out, fly 3 in horizon then final one in acro but I need to find a bigger area with less or no people.

Randy. I did the same thing for a bit but actually found horizon easier in fpv than los.

Thanks Wayne, kind of experimenting with everything right now and seeing what comes easiest, but in the end I want to do a little of all of it so I am not leaving any mode of operation behind for good and practice them all. Just not brave enough yet for acro in FPV but I will hit that once horizon low rate isn't a catastrophe :)
I try everything, at least once... twice if I don't break stuff too badly.
R

You know, there really isn't enough hours in the day to fly now! ;)

Reactions: Wayno52 and Jtrjr
Vv my los is rubbish I get about 30 metres away, crap myself and turn around. Thankfully fpv was invented
If you hang with it, its very satisfying to fly los because you can see the loops and flips etc as you do them. Flying los in horizon mode (self leveling) is fun but doesn't hold a candle to how fun it is in acro

It was extremely windy today so I couldn't fly during the day. This evening it started to wind down so I thought I'd try flying at dusk. I was quite surprised at how well I could see through the Split. It was quite a bit darker without the goggles on. Again, nothing fancy with the flying, just wanted to show how the Split performed in low light conditions.

Jerry

Well, on my last flight the bird skipped the ground a few times and seemed to be a little sluggish. It didn't seem to be responding properly. When I took everything inside I noticed that one of the R-XSR antennas was completely gone. The zip tie and the antenna were missing. I can't for the life of me, figure out how it got ripped off. It was entirely clear of the props.

Jerry

I'm still working on smoothing out my movements and trying to add some newer basic stunts. Nothing complicated. I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable with this bird. I can definitely tell the difference without the GoPro hanging off of it.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18