Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I removed my fpv camera because???

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
Hey so I can't afford those amazing fpv goggles that I want yet so I took off my camera because I thought why have it on there and possibly break it while i fly until I get my goggles. Is that smart or no? Will it throw my weight off. I have my GoPro on it in the middle but no fpv camera because I uninstalled it. I didn't know if the weight not being there. Also with the fpv camera not plugged in, van te quad be powered up like it won't short right

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
I'd imagine that unplugging the camera won't cause any issues and the lack of weight would have little to no effect on the balance. I think it would also help with battery life as well.

I am looking to repurpose an old Galaxy 10.2 tablet to act as the screen with an FPV receiver from Eachine and possibly with a pair basic VR goggles and my phone. Not sexy but if it works....

Hey so I can't afford those amazing fpv goggles that I want yet so I took off my camera because I thought why have it on there and possibly break it while i fly until I get my goggles. Is that smart or no? Will it throw my weight off. I have my GoPro on it in the middle but no fpv camera because I uninstalled it. I didn't know if the weight not being there. Also with the fpv camera not plugged in, van te quad be powered up like it won't short right

Agreed the weight difference is negligible. And the vtx/ camera uses 5v about so also negligible. But there shouldn't be any issues with shorting. So I'd say smart thinking protecting the camera until you need it;)

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Thanks guys. Yes ok I can buy cheap goggles to experience it but I'd rather again experience it in its fullest and just save for my goggles. I got about $90 so far

There are no guarantees you will like the expensive ones more than the cheap ones. It isn't simply a matter of one being better, they are just different.

I only use single screen goggles for various reasons. If you want to spend more, have a look at the Eachine ev900 or Goggles Two.

I'm certainly going to go with the VR-007. My plan was to get an FPV Receiver and just use my phone with a pair of VR goggles. For $10 more I can get the whole kit and kaboodle.

Using eachine ev800 here, it's all about the module you put in them (and the antennas), just make sure their diversity! You'll regret it if they aren't

if you buy quality, you don't have regrets or buyers remorse or envy.. most important you have no excuses. just fly... id save for quality but hurry the hell up brother! fpv, after my 40 years of RC fliers, first person compared to LOS.... its priceless, addicting, essential now like oxygen.
there are some great goggles just out, alternatives to fatshark.. worthy and maybe better than fs. bottom line, your gonna use these for every flier you build this and probably next year. its your eyes and ears connection... the better the quality, the better the confidence.
jmo

Reactions: broncosdad1317
if you buy quality, you don't have regrets or buyers remorse or envy.. most important you have no excuses. just fly... id save for quality but hurry the hell up brother! fpv, after my 40 years of RC fliers, first person compared to LOS.... its priceless, addicting, essential now like oxygen.
there are some great goggles just out, alternatives to fatshark.. worthy and maybe better than fs. bottom line, your gonna use these for every flier you build this and probably next year. its your eyes and ears connection... the better the quality, the better the confidence.
jmo
I agree my friend thank you. Any suggestions other than fs that are as good??

Did you see I just spent about $500 to make a 6S 5" quad that I don't even remotely need?

Yet I am still flying Eachine goggles, and just bought a 3rd pair: ev900 which were $140...

I did not buy these goggles for the price savings, I bought them for the performance. Unlink price and quality in your mind for this purchase.

I like to fly with a giant field of view and high resolution like I am in a movie theater. I fly single screen box goggles.

If you want more portable goggles that look slightly less nerdy, but appear like a 21" television from 1984 get some fatsharks.

:D

Word. Are there any sleeker ones that are cheaper that work good and are there any box goggles with switchable reciever modules and with diversity What's the range for goggles like that with diversity and good modules

I just ordered the Eachine EV900, I will let you know. They are much smaller than my Goggles Two, which are enormous but very comfortable and have good range (not sure how far exactly).

I also have a set of the original EV800 that I use for DVR (I modded one into them). They don't have the best range and are not confortable really. I use them like a screen now though so they are still handy. The VR-007 would be a better budget choice now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam