Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Just updated DJI FPV, now says "Remote ID error" Did i just screw myself?

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
Hello All,

I had not updated my FPV model in forever..... for reasons just like this. The bird was flying perfectly and I bought a second set of goggles so I could have a "copilot" fly along with me and these goggles had the latest firmware, so I figured I should update my other equipment.

After updating everything, goggles, controller, aircraft and now I have an error that says "Remote ID error".

I did notice when I connected to the Fly app to see if I could figure out anything, the error went away. Does this mean it is using my mobile phone as the RID device and now I need to have a cable connecting my phone to the controller all the time now to fly?

Did I just screw myself by updating? If so is there a way to downgrade?

Last edited:
Reactions: careless
Hello All,

I had not updated my FPV model in forever..... for reasons just like this. The bird was flying perfectly and I bought a second set of goggles so I could have a "copilot" fly along with me and these goggles had the latest firmware, so I figured I should update my other equipment.

After updating everything, goggles, controller, aircraft and now I have an error that says "Remote ID error".

I did notice when I connected to the Fly app to see if I could figure out anything, the error went away. Does this mean it is using my mobile phone as the RID device and now I need to have a cable connecting my phone to the controller all the time now to fly?

Did I just screw myself by updating?
you must have your phone connected to take off it took me 5 days asking everyone online what i was doing wrong turns out i was using a fly app that was a fake dji app and it did not suport my fvp drove i was on the phone with dji tech suport for hours with no fix until realized i was using a fake so the answer to your question is yes you screwed your self by updating cant go back

Did you link the new goggles?
Yes... and for whatever reason it does not matter which goggles are the primary, the "audience" or "copilot" goggles does not get nearly as good a signal. I swapped them back and forth binding, unbinding, swapping, re-binding to no avail. I will work on this again when I get a chance.... and apparently I need my phone connected with the GO app installed to fly since it (stupidly) updated everything and I am waiting on a USB-C to USB-C cable.

you must have your phone connected to take off it took me 5 days asking everyone online what i was doing wrong turns out i was using a fly app that was a fake dji app and it did not suport my fvp drove i was on the phone with dji tech suport for hours with no fix until realized i was using a fake so the answer to your question is yes you screwed your self by updating cant go back
Thanks, and I was afraid of that. What a bunch of BS from DJI. They literally put this drone out there, and are still selling it knowing it'd RID limits.

Yes... and for whatever reason it does not matter which goggles are the primary, the "audience" or "copilot" goggles does not get nearly as good a signal. I swapped them back and forth binding, unbinding, swapping, re-binding to no avail. I will work on this again when I get a chance.... and apparently I need my phone connected with the GO app installed to fly since it (stupidly) updated everything and I am waiting on a USB-C to USB-C cable.
Sorry to say that the signal problem with the audience goggles can't be fixed. The primary goggles will direct the drone to retransmit a block when an error in the video stream is detected. The audience goggles can only receive video data from the drone - it can't tell the drone to retransmit a block.

Sorry to say that the signal problem with the audience goggles can't be fixed. The primary goggles will direct the drone to retransmit a block when an error in the video stream is detected. The audience goggles can only receive video data from the drone - it can't tell the drone to retransmit a block.
Hummm, so even if I get a cable and have my phone connected so there are no Remote ID errors the secondary goggles will still be less quality?

Hummm, so even if I get a cable and have my phone connected so there are no Remote ID errors the secondary goggles will still be less quality?
Not sure I understand your question. The mobile device doesn't play a part in the video streaming from the drone to either the primary or audience goggles. So, no, if a mobile device is connected to the primary goggles there will be no improvement in the audience goggles quality.

I have a similar problem after updating the fly zone. I get an error message saying controller not connected and yes I went through the binding process quite a few times. I can take off and fly but none of the other buttons work. Only the sticks function. Could this be the same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18