Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Giving it another go!!

he's doing great wayno. his job is our vacation. he's the guide in back. season hasn't started yet this is from last year. FB_IMG_1504542898779.jpg
i bought him a high end (spare no expense) dry suit for this year's competitions (raft racing). water is a balmy 36 degrees so.. he could weld under water in the arctic now. FB_IMG_1527462814905.jpg

i gave him all the batteries all summer knowing i get to fly all winter.
I've gotta do something about diopters, i can't fricken see and am flying out of focus really. yesterday was fun getting to fly the 5" again but i miss judged the lawn coming up out if dives twice. i took it slow, easing my way back into the swing.
thanks for the kudos. Nate is sorely missed but its been like this (visiting his step brother in Montana in the summer) since he was 10yo. i just roll with it and plan next winter.

i hadn't flown it in 6 weeks. crashed and needed a stack spacer rebuild. my son was flying it mostly through the summer... today i got to fly it. so nice! you WILL love these motors!
Oh I do already but es when I can really use them right ;) I bet I love em even more :) that’s cool man I also have two sons and ones already into drones and my 1 year old will be introduced next year :)

he's doing great wayno. his job is our vacation. he's the guide in back. season hasn't started yet this is from last year. View attachment 2322
i bought him a high end (spare no expense) dry suit for this year's competitions (raft racing). water is a balmy 36 degrees so.. he could weld under water in the arctic now. View attachment 2323

i gave him all the batteries all summer knowing i get to fly all winter.
I've gotta do something about diopters, i can't fricken see and am flying out of focus really. yesterday was fun getting to fly the 5" again but i miss judged the lawn coming up out if dives twice. i took it slow, easing my way back into the swing.
thanks for the kudos. Nate is sorely missed but its been like this (visiting his step brother in Montana in the summer) since he was 10yo. i just roll with it and plan next winter.
Wow man that’s great tell him good luck from us here on his race. Your a good father man I also have children that live far and I don’t see much. Cherish them times and cherish the thoughts of next time haha. Dad lyf is the best lyf. Where you from futuramille

Reactions: Futuramille
Wow man that’s great tell him good luck from us here on his race. Your a good father man I also have children that live far and I don’t see much. Cherish them times and cherish the thoughts of next time haha. Dad lyf is the best lyf. Where you from futuramille
racing is over this year, they took 3rd overall. 7 rivers in 7 days ending at "the gauntlet" from the movie "river wild". big weekend party around 30 entries so they did great this year.
I live in central Florida

Reactions: broncosdad1317
i manage 3k+ grocery stores information systems. payments, loyalty (coupon stuff) with a team of 21 people in 4 countries. I'm actively oncall 24/7/365 so don't get to go to Orlando and join those groups. unless someone comes to fly my home playground, i fly alone withough Nate.
yall should come visit... have a fly in. bring the kids cause Disney/ universal studios etc is 40min away. old blind guy flying... basically working on gathering up my speed and collect the ***** out of dives, slow down Before going through a gap. .. i was going to fast. its dark and rainy but got two batteries in after 6 weeks of not flying the 5". nothing of major interest just showing the huge difference between nates balls and mine. lol

Last edited:
so did you get some flying in Bronco? day 2 of back flying here, feeling better but still didn't get low enough and tangled with low hanging leaves some more lol.. rolling my drone around in the lawn seems to be my gig. bent a prop.. ehem or two. seems i start in my head thinking "just stationary rolls/ flips over the center of the yard and land it" and temptation to fly, instead of practice my full stick timing, takes over. next thing im chasing cars.. and anything but practicing.
i hope you all get a battery in today.. !!!

so did you get some flying in Bronco? day 2 of back flying here, feeling better but still didn't get low enough and tangled with low hanging leaves some more lol.. rolling my drone around in the lawn seems to be my gig. bent a prop.. ehem or two. seems i start in my head thinking "just stationary rolls/ flips over the center of the yard and land it" and temptation to fly, instead of practice my full stick timing, takes over. next thing im chasing cars.. and anything but practicing.
i hope you all get a battery in today.. !!!
No my friend. Father’s Day is my ticket. I’m so busy working and spending time with my children and fiancé I don’t get to practice much so with me will come with time for now. At some point I’m gonna push to fly more but for now I need me some of my family. But yeah father’s day is my ticket I told my lady I get an hour no kids no distractions Going to the park that’s 20 feet from an airport but I will be staying 5 feet off the ground to start haha so I’ll be safe

Oh man, don't do it, find another spot or it may be the last drone you ever fly ........ the fine is like 200k I think if you fly inside of 5 miles of an airport
EDIT: Also, go ahead and get some altitude, gives you a chance to correct errors

You should be able to fly there, but you have to call the airport and tell them. I have never done it, but that is what the rules say anyways. Also, it should get easier soon with the new automated system coming.

FAA Has Begun Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Testing
Yes that’s what I do :) I call air traffic control tower and notify them I’ll be flying next to them but will be keeping a very low altitude and grounded when a plane is flying over takinbrg off or landing. I can usually get a couple packs in between those actions

Oh man, don't do it, find another spot or it may be the last drone you ever fly ........ the fine is like 200k I think if you fly inside of 5 miles of an airport
EDIT: Also, go ahead and get some altitude, gives you a chance to correct errors
Word I will thanks for the pointer

Haha no not mine were all here to share. Glad it could be useful to more than its original intent ❤️
I felt coming back after 6 wks off was related enough and going slow. it's all good. im not a YouTube blogger or give a **** about number of views but like to share vids as content add. im not quitting my day job..lol

I felt coming back after 6 wks off was related enough and going slow. it's all good. im not a YouTube blogger or give a **** about number of views but like to share vids as content add. im not quitting my day job..lol
Word we all gotta do what makes us happy you keep doin you my friend and looking forward to more of your flight videos ❤️

There's got to be another place to fly....
2 things I've pounded into my kids heads...always pay attention to your surroundings and avoid the situation.
I think the second one applies here....
Be safe.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe