Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Giving it another go!!

Most deff ut I live in te big city. Pretty limited here and time limitations keep me from traveling far to fly :( it’s okay I pay attention and it’s legal they are fine with it

Reactions: Futuramille
Funny, but the airport cannot actually stop you from safely flying within 5 miles of an airport. But if you don't fly safely after they object, you are in deep you-know-what. Note that this may or may not include FPV flying. FPV seems to be a bit of a sticky wicket under the current section 336 Special Rule for Model Aircraft. Is FPV allowed at all under section 336? It is hard to tell. You may need a visual observer with you.

Taken from FAA FAQ:

Can an airport operator object to model aircraft flights near an airport?
Yes, an airport operator can object to the proposed use of a model aircraft within five miles of an airport if the proposed activity would endanger the safety of the airspace. However, the airport operator cannot prohibit or prevent the model aircraft operator from operating within five miles of the airport. Unsafe flying in spite of the objection of an airport operator may be evidence that the operator was endangering the safety of the National Airspace System. Additionally, the UAS operator must comply with any applicable airspace requirements.

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions

that is all good and well... it still takes common sense and you'll be ok Bronko.
It actually sounds kinda fun to touch base with the local tower.
im a (used to be) licensed pilot so setting the air space seems natural. Truly its no big deal to coordinate with them and then everyone gets a kick.

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Thanks guys. It’s my spot and can’t just not go there but we’ll see what happens. Maybe finding a new spot is in order :) adventure sounds fun

Reactions: Futuramille
what a ball bronco, i have "dump out " targets, always someplace to go after a trick (the lines you mention).
what I've been working is collecting my speed and control diving recovery... punch out, look down and collect control.. also I'm working on getting the right roll angle.turn entry.. keep that angle to carve a corner.
fun part is i live on a hill, kinda steep too and the hill adds some great dynamics.
its fun just to be flying again.. 8 batteries so far.

i manage 3k+ grocery stores information systems. payments, loyalty (coupon stuff) with a team of 21 people in 4 countries. I'm actively oncall 24/7/365 so don't get to go to Orlando and join those groups. unless someone comes to fly my home playground, i fly alone withough Nate.
yall should come visit... have a fly in. bring the kids cause Disney/ universal studios etc is 40min away. old blind guy flying... basically working on gathering up my speed and collect the ***** out of dives, slow down Before going through a gap. .. i was going to fast. its dark and rainy but got two batteries in after 6 weeks of not flying the 5". nothing of major interest just showing the huge difference between nates balls and mine. lol
Is that Lake Mary (think that’s the name) next to your home? I worked in & around Winter Springs FLA in 2005-2006

just go fly yall!!! I got four batteries in yesterday between storms it rained all day today though.
What helped me get better faster was slowly raising my camera pitch. Just 5 degrees up at a time will change your dynamics. It made me a better pilot IMO

What helped me get better faster was slowly raising my camera pitch. Just 5 degrees up at a time will change your dynamics. It made me a better pilot IMO
i agree, i added angle and Nate went faster but only after he had 25degdeg down.. we settled on 30deg and that matches my gopro mount.
two straight days of rain, i hope to fly again today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax