Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Wizard 220 manual

Wow Embay, that is a bit like asking how to solve evil and starvation in the world and make everyone nice to each other, it is not so easy to be sure.

First though, do not even think about experimenting unless you #1 know what you think it will do, and #2 have the original settings recorded so you can set things back.

You will want to at least upgrade the BetaFlight to 3.2.3 (or the latest stable release) and upgrade the BLHeli in the esc's to 16.7 (or the latest stable release).
You will need to set up and test your receiver functionality before you can fly, which means at a minimum how you will Arm/Disarm, Failsafe, and that all your channels are working properly.

I have done nothing more than that and I am flying just fine. Once the BF and BLH are upgraded the X220 will be a better flyer than you for quite a while.

Well I have been working on the evil part but not making much progress. Meantime I will follow your advice. I also want to put in place a failsafe. Are there any recommendations. As to what is best to select please?

You will want to do simple google search for "Project Blue Falcon" and "Joshua Bardwell" videos on Youtube. There are other good ones too but that is where your beginning knowledge should start (as mine did) and after watching and thinking for a bit, we can discuss any questions you may have. But start there first, it will answer some questions and make you think of some new ones.

Is this a RTF with a FlySky transmitter?
Or is it a ARF with no transmitter or receiver or battery etc?

Reactions: Wayno52
I will do tomorrow, it looks interesting but it is very late here and I am having trouble seeing anything on the iPad.

I could not do this without help
Very few could without help Embay, you are not alone there! you don't need to know everything to go fly, it will come in time.
If you start with the link below, that should get you started in videos about your RTF X220. I would focus on stuff from Joshua Bardwell, but Grayson Hobby and some others are good too. This will take some time to learn and experiment to reinforce your knowledge, but you are not alone as we are here to help where we can.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eac...Ud8KHbyIBWoQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=633&dpr=1.5

A little update. I have been practising on freeflight and today managed to get through all the gates in the desert scene. I know there is some way to go yet but at least it’s progress. Still trying to get used to the small distance of travel on the throttle stick.

I think you will be surprised Embay, you are doing this in a very good way, I will guess that you will actually be able to fly the real thing so much easier now. Good for you, keep us updated!

Randy

I am hoping to take it and fly it when we get some dry weather. No idea when that is, certainly not in the foreseeable future. All the ground is sodden too, so if I miss the landing mat I have a soggy drone! Still time for more practice at least.

Ok so I hope you are up for a daft question. Is there a trick to making it turn? I use the technique I use on the Phantoms, by using the two sticks together, but often that does not seem enough in the simulator. For example, initially the drone appears to be moving a little sideways and to correct this i yaw in the direction for correction. To get it back on track I then turn using both sticks, but often this does not seem to work. Maybe the limits of the simulator, maybe my ineptitude. Looking at Joshua Bardwells excellent videos he does make it seem very easy, it clearly it is not. Are there any tips or tricks you can pass on in this regard please?
I should add when I was flying with the Phantom the other day in ATTI mode, it seemed a lot easier to control than before. I guess that is getting all the practice in with this simulator to fly racing and acrobatic drones.

Wow, that was quick. I was just watching the video from QuantumQuads and wondering that myself. Whenever I have flown R/c or full sized craft I always had a ‘feeling’ about what seemed right to move on the stick or whatever. It seems to be lacking in the simulator, understandably. Perhaps I need to get out into a large field and play around a bit to get a feeling for things a bit more. Though with rain and winds almost continuously here that seems a distant prospect. Flying the Spark in Sport mode may help too I would guess. I don’t want to cut corners, I just want to be able to do the job well. I feel comfortable flying high up, turning, flipping, rolling etc. But low to the ground I seem to have little control at all. Still practice makes perfect.
Many thanks for your help.

No reason to be scared of crashing as long as you are not too high and above soft ground (grass/dirt) and not above paving etc

I am not scared of crashing although I am trying to avoid it if I can. But with the weather as it is I cannot fly at all. If I get a brief window I fly my Phantoms at the movement to keep my hours up for my PfCO renewal.
I guess these are reasonably study little things anyway, but I am not going to tempt fate and fly over concrete. We have a lot of grass near us, so I will be using that to practice.
Going to re watch some of Joshua’s videos before bed. Perhaps they can give me a hint as to how to do better as well. Really want to fly the craft properly, but damned weather is against me at the mo. Out of interest it raises another question. What sort of wind can theses fly in? Are they more or less suceptible than a Phantom?

Many thanks

Honestly, if you are trying to fly acro line of sight, I don't recommend doing so until you are more experienced. Flying acro los is the most difficult part of this hobby to learn and 90 percent of my bad crashes have come from flying los in acro

Honestly, if you are trying to fly acro line of sight, I don't recommend doing so until you are more experienced. Flying acro los is the most difficult part of this hobby to learn and 90 percent of my bad crashes have come from flying los in acro
Thank you for that thought I will store it in my brain. To be honest I am finding that I have to get used to FPV which I do not currently have with the phantom. All of my training on the simulator is on FPV so I can get used to it,

Acro FPV is way easier than LOS acro, not that either is easy...lol. With all the sim practice you have, FPV should be an pretty easy transition. Its a matter of practicing enough to get the feel, like flying without thinking about needed input

Mmmm! Interesting thought that one. But I know what you mean. I can do that with the Phantoms. So I will keep practising, thank you.

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18