Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

now i just gotta get this trifecta flying. i don't like that the 3" mini is running raceflight (raceflight FC) and the other two run betaflight.
i will strive to make them all fly similar, just different airspace scope, but i won't be happy till they all three at least respond to input similarly. I'm probably dreaming but its a goal. having all three on the same fc software would help that....
is this logical? is it possible? i understand three sizes and differences in "authority" between a 2" and a 5" but 10k kv brother motors should provide a stout flying 3s 2"

Reactions: Jtrjr
they don't have to cover the same space.. the as long as the micro power loops the pool table ill be happy. The mini power loops small trees.. (my yard), the v2 will cover.. big areas. its a fair goal i guess.

so this should be a trick. i think i have the order of operations down.
  1. prep the motor wires (yikes that first snip is final)
  2. solder motor leads to the esc pads
  3. heat shrink the esc
  4. slide the red esc cover up to cover and ziptie to the arm.
y'all see anything additional? I'm just doing esc now. should i also use some double sided tape under the covers?

15103506231511650611517.jpg

ok, so not needed since i got the covers. thanks.
here's a question, this little blue element came with the furious fpv radiance fc.
is this something to attach to the led outs or wth?
i printed the instruction manual, nothing in it though it's really good. any guesses?1510419891763349288523.jpg

i don't see anything labeled on board for such. if i think i might go to Orlando and race it ever, should i add it now?

Attachments

• 15104220660301079882486.jpg
    15104220660301079882486.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
thanks virtue, im just checking everything to ensure i know what is going where. about to tin all the esc's, cut all the motor wires to length and tin... prep.
yall's continued input here is really cool!

one process I'm working on is this paracord. the big power wires won't go through it but the signal wires do.. both vtx and rx. it's not all that easy to feed though and making sure its flush on both ends has been a trick.
i wrapped a very small piece of tape around the end of the wires.1510423156268951400937.jpg15104235402051918222105.jpg

to make it flush on both ends of the paracord, i pulled it back and held it and the now exposed wire ends with the helping hand.

some of these will be tricky but I've been practicing

Last edited:
ok, something to think on... overnight

this is a 12v direct pdb, (furious fpv radiance)12v FC. straight up connection is expected but these pads went small-ish...

do i still try to use 16AWG wire? its a short connection but begging for a short bulge of paracord... i think.. can i go with a smaller awg wire. how small can i go when expecting 12v to the fc? 15104519940411216678585.jpg

To get wire through paracord I like to use a shish-ka-bob bamboo skewer. Put that through, the let the wire follow it back through as you remove the skewer.
ok, something to think on... overnight

this is a 12v direct pdb, (furious fpv radiance)12v FC. straight up connection is expected but these pads went small-ish...

do i still try to use 16AWG wire? its a short connection but begging for a short bulge of paracord... i think.. can i go with a smaller awg wire. how small can i go when expecting 12v to the fc? View attachment 1572

To power the FC, you can go down to about 26awg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV