Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What frame?

Unless Vv or Green can offer a better bang for your buck, I think the Darkmax, while a little funky, could be your next winner.

Reactions: Wayno52
I think the X215Pro could be an option but just a couple of observations...

X215P - While the power comes out the side (good) it is too short to strap to the frame and the first time you lose the battery it will likely break the PDB where the power cable gets yanked by battery flying off (bad)

DM220 - Has enough length on the power cable coming out of the back to zip tie it with some slack to the base of the arm so if the battery ejects it can't destroy your connection to the PDB (Better)

X215P - The shape, while cool, just completely makes an action camera mount almost impossible (bad)

DM220 - Is made to hold an action cam one day if you so choose and you can adjust the fixed angle with a little foam shim (better)

X215P - Bullet prop nuts (bad)

DM220 - Standard prop nuts (better)

X215P - AU$233 and Frsky or NO RX only, and it is the "new hot lick" clone of the GEPRC Leopard (seems like it would be a little more and it is NOT even on sale)

DM220 - AU$233 and can be gotten with your choice of 2 different Flysky RX, it IS ON SALE and STILL is as much as the X215P which tells me that this is the better quad for the money

IMHO Brother...

Sale on DM220 runs for 2 days only Feb 20-22, and I saw there may only be about 100 of them left at this price.
Don't want to pressure, just don't want you to miss out on the best price you can get for the best quad you can afford. and likely one that won't blow an esc the first time you hit the ground.

@VirtueViolater Please chime in for our friend with a better alternative!

I’m happy with that and will order it today. Just found this while poking around. No doubt out soon.
The Egg series has been very popular and pretty well received, this is just a 5 inch Egg, and if it reviews well the $73 dollar difference between DM220 and X215P is about halfway to having them both!

I took a look for that 200mm Egg, looks like it is available now from a few people, but for a little more than Alibaba. The specs are interesting and they are claiming 12-18 minutes with a 5040 prop and a 1550mah battery. If it reviews well and the price doesn't skyrocket, that could be an interesting quad I think. With a big batt and my new crossfire system it could be a long range rig maybe.

On order now. Dark Max a month away. Ha they say 2-3 weeks but I know it will be 4.
Yep I will have to get me one of those one day Virtue. What are they like for a build?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18