Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Thanks to you guys.

I might bite the bullet and the wifey says it’s okay to get a bigger drone, only if I don’t crash as much.. [emoji23]

Any thoughts on the Lumenier QAV-R 2 Freestyle?

Are you thinking 2" or 3" or 5" or 6" or what? Are you looking to build from scratch or are you planning to buy a PNP or a BNF, either way, dont get the QAV-R Version 2 frame or BNF. Let us look at the cost of that and get you a much better recommendation. I will compare the BNF QAV-R pricing later on and give you my take on whats available better for near the same money.

Are you thinking 2" or 3" or 5" or 6" or what? Are you looking to build from scratch or are you planning to buy a PNP or a BNF, either way, dont get the QAV-R Version 2 frame or BNF. Let us look at the cost of that and get you a much better recommendation. I will compare the BNF QAV-R pricing later on and give you my take on whats available better for near the same money.

I’m actually looking at the complete RTF package: Lumenier QAV-R 2 Freestyle Quadcopter RTF w/ DJI Digital HD FPV System

If I had the money to just throw at it, I might, but that would be knowing that while a beautiful picture up close is very nice, it would degrade quickly with distance, interference, and any obstacles like trees, buildings, or others flying conventional gear near me, also that the latency of my image will vary greatly with those same factors (tough for the mind to get used too) and will freeze frame on me if I go to the limit of it's capabilities. It is nice in some regards, and very bad in others, but if I had the money, for the novelty, I might.

That being said, it is rev 1, it is going to change in the not too distant future, and I wouldn't sink that much dough into such a closed architecture, and I have a DJI drone, so it certainly is not because I hate them like some others in this hobby. What they have developed is quite extraordinary, but it is a novelty at this time, and quite an expensive one.

If you do decide it is worth it to you, make sure you get the QAV-R bottom plate to add to it or the arms WILL fail you. It does not look like it is added to the frame in the pictures and they are currently out of stock on the bottom plate brace for it.

I have this frame and I am not even going to build it until I get the bottom plate for it, but since I got it in the FPVCrate they sell, I will build it eventually.

Reactions: RPR and rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen