Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Simulators??

Definitely agree, I only use horizon mode if I'm not fpv and only line of sight, but the only time I do that is if someone else wants a glance though my goggles, I only have the one set so I can't really do a ride along

Definitely agree, I only use horizon mode if I'm not fpv and only line of sight, but the only time I do that is if someone else wants a glance though my goggles, I only have the one set so I can't really do a ride along
Apparently I'm a troll, so I've opted to take down every bit of good advice I've shared in this thread in order to help someone. Don't thank me, thank @broncosdad1317

Last edited:
Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
I'm not far enough ahead for FPV at the moment. I tried to connect my tx to my phone with a $2 vr headset but no dice, so I guess I'll have to make due with my 80" screen. :)

I'm not far enough ahead for FPV at the moment. I tried to connect my tx to my phone with a $2 vr headset but no dice, so I guess I'll have to make due with my 80" screen. :)
That works lol the airhog was the same way I just used a vr box, but I do love having a legitimate fpv headset. Here's that freerider video I said I'd make earlier

Last edited:
Very new to this type of flying quads and I'll even agree fudgin scary I tell ya especially being poor and having to do line of sight when first learning. No one to teach or no simulator still. Acro or no ;) ❤️ I mean don't get me wrong if you want that extra steadiness for like say sunsets and rises then yeah the auto correct is nice for hover

Very new to this type of flying quads and I'll even agree fudgin scary I tell ya especially being poor and having to do line of sight when first learning. No one to teach or no simulator still. Acro or no ;) [emoji173]️ I mean don't get me wrong if you want that extra steadiness for like say sunsets and rises then yeah the auto correct is nice for hover
Apparently I'm a troll, so I've opted to take down every bit of good advice I've shared in this thread in order to help someone. Don't thank me, thank @broncosdad1317

Last edited:
Freerider is awesome on the phone even with just a touch screen and not using a transmitter, which I do when I have it on hand, but most times it's when I'm on lunch at work or something and only have the touch feature. But I don't disagree, my heart was pretty much humming my first time using acro mode, and thank goodness for neck straps cause my palms were soooooo sweaty from nerves (plus I'm a hybrid pinch flyer so I don't really grip my transmitter anyways)

Freerider is awesome on the phone even with just a touch screen and not using a transmitter, which I do when I have it on hand, but most times it's when I'm on lunch at work or something and only have the touch feature. But I don't disagree, my heart was pretty much humming my first time using acro mode, and thank goodness for neck straps cause my palms were soooooo sweaty from nerves (plus I'm a hybrid pinch flyer so I don't really grip my transmitter anyways)
It's a good time passed for sure. I tend to zip about on it while I'm waiting my turn at the dart league.

I was going to look into an adapter but 1) most do not come with the plug style of my phone (type-c) and 2) I can make better use of it saving up for the new drone.

I have the hovering down pat, hut I have nose dived more times than I can count. It's taking time to get used to things not straightening out so I look like a drunk droner. I did manage to get a few gates passed the last time I played, so there in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keifie
you guys playing on a phone with the glass as your controls are missing out on the majority of the learning for a simulator. You're pretty much playing a game, with a radio in your hands you're at least mimicking the actual controls you're going to be using. Its all about time on the sticks, not time on the touchscreen.

I have the phone version because I was looking for something to tinker with while I waited for the drone I bought to show up. I later bought the PC version and was using a PC game pad since I didn't have a controller with the drone I bought (wasn't sent by the store) and now I have a QX7 that I use in the PC version.

I tried to link it to the phone for FPVish exp but it's not working out as planned.

Trust me,I'm getting shtick time in. [emoji4], it's just a work in progress to get to where I want to be, I'm just too poor to go from new to expert level in a rush. This is a RL pay to win hobby.

I have the phone version because I was looking for something to tinker with. I later bought the PC version and was using a PC game pad since I didn't have a controller with the drone I bought (wasn't sent by the store) and now I have a QX7 that I use in the PC version.

I tried to link it to the phone for FPVish exp but it's not working out as planned.

I'm getting shtick time in. [emoji4]

Last edited:
you guys playing on a phone with the glass as your controls are missing out on the majority of the learning for a simulator. You're pretty much playing a game, with a radio in your hands you're at least mimicking the actual controls you're going to be using. Its all about time on the sticks, not time on the touchscreen.
Yea I have the connector, I was just at work at the time and didn't have my radio on hand lol but yes I don't disagree, not a great idea to keep switching up the control type. Muscle memory is key!

Here is the second time flying with my Q X7
Hey I just got my dongle cable and the USB thing that says free rider. Is that part the simulator or what. I plug this into my computer and nothing happens. Banggood says it's the simulator and the cable

Yea I have the connector, I was just at work at the time and didn't have my radio on hand lol but yes I don't disagree, not a great idea to keep switching up the control type. Muscle memory is key!
Could you answer my last post possibly. Super frusterated here

Could you answer my last post possibly. Super frusterated here
My dongle plugs into my phone or computer and I plug my transmitter into the dongle. In free rider on the main screen it says input type switch that to USB and it should work, it's an older dongle so I don't know it new ones need to be binded to your transmiter but if it does the soundbe a button you have to hold when you turn your transmiter on, the dongle itself isn't the program or anything just a reciever for your transmiter.

Dang, does it without the dongle? That some, mine needed it but I didn't have to go through all those settings it just connected. Had to celebrate though
Can't tell you the details other than if you don't, FR sets the sticks at negative values instead at zero.

At that point, plug and play

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster