Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Running Audio from RunCam Swift 2 to VTX and headphones?

CC268

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Few questions:

1. Any headphones will work and plug right into the Fatshark HD3s correct? I have some Bose in ear headphones I was going to use.

2. In terms of running audio from the RunCam Swift 2 to the VTX (TS5823S) I just simply run the audio wire directly from the Swift 2 to the VTX, correct? I don't believe there is any spot on the FC for audio input.

I think smart audio lets you change channels on your vtx and etc.through your goggles/transmitter

I think you run it through a uart if your vtx supports it

There is a Smart Port on the board, but it is a PITA to use as it shares the same UART (UART1) as the USB. So if you enable it you can't do anything in BetaFlight unless you reflash...so in my opinion it is useless. I was going to run my telemetry off of it. Instead I am going to run Smart Serial for telemetry and run it off the PWM port (someone has already done this and it has proved to be the best way to setup telemetry on this board.

But for audio I am not really sure what to do. I watched a Youtube video and the guy hooked the audio directly from the camera to the VTX. My VTX does have an audio port so it should work...

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I think smart audio lets you change channels on your vtx and etc.through your goggles/transmitter

Yea which would be nice...but not necessary. I just want audio to hear the drone...so I think direct connection between camera and VTX will work fine. Or I may just decide to avoid audio altogether on this drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe