Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problems with my eachine wizard x220 please help

No problems, Randy. BTW, my real name is Royce. I, too, have 30+ years of working electronics tech experience, with an associate's degree. You do have a leg up on me with more experience, as also I am newer to the racing drone scene and I respect that. I always wanna try and help in a challenge of troubleshooting cause it's in my nature, with what I deal with work and all. So did he find out what the problem was?

Good to know Royce, your input is ALWAYS appreciated, and respected also!
No luck yet on the real issue, and I think the first thing is to do some isolating to make sure what's what. Sure wish I could get the bird and check it out myself, always harder to t-shoot over the forum than in person.

Randy

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
It will be my first time stripping a drone and first real soldering attempt so hope it goes well lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Great, Jammy. Just be careful with the soldering. Make sure wiring polarities are correct and not accidentally 'bridging to other close by pads. You don't wanna cause a short.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
As u can see i found a bulge in the PDB, rebuilt it i get 2 led lights come on the left side , completes sync tone, unresponsive to controller. But its progress! Any ideas what the next issue could be? Thanks for all help guys your awesome [emoji106]
abdd2356391f9f7855e5e7842e1760c7.jpg
8a744548b2a3afabe401b1d806c16318.jpg

Reactions: HighTechPauper
The reason it wouldnt connect to controller is i left the top board not screwed. Because it wasnt level it wouldnt connect. Now i can connect to controller but when i throttle up,i only get top left and bottom right rotors spinning up. Getting closer though ! Had fair few hours tinkering around im done for the night

Yup, what Virtue said, and just go over the needed connections, configs, and operation to make sure you didn't accidently break something doing the rework, lose previously set configurations, and that with the props off you can properly actuate and function each of the things needed to fly that beast.

You've climbed a huge hurdle getting this far, the rest is just a matter of time and familiarity. Congrats Jammy!

Could be a few things... the PDB damage was bad enough that you could run into a few more things that blew. Could be the ESC's are bad, that they aren't getting VBat input, cold solder joint or even bad motor(s). It could also be getting no signal from the flight controller on the signal wires for those 2 motors.

Connect it to betaflight and test each motor individually.

The other motors do fire up but only when i turn left or right.
So basically throttle up controls TL+BR rotors and left/right throttles the TR+BL rotors so they do work.
Yeh i feel ive come along way considering i knew nothing at the start of this post. I feel smarter just talking to you guys haha thanks again , was happy to see i made some progress when i plugged the battery in after rebuild

Okay, this is possibly just some kind of a configuration problem, and there is a ton of little things that individually or added together could cause issues.

You need to take a hard look at the Betaflight Configurator. I would check the endpoints are 1000-2000 and 1500 middle stick, calibrate your esc's if you are configured for Oneshot or Multishot protocol (no need if running Dshot150 or 300, do NOT try to run Dhot600 or 1200) and TEST THE MOTORS INDIVIDUALLY in the motors tab. If you go into Betaflight configurator and test the motors there it could tell you more. It is not the same thing as using your transmitter to arm and run the motors and you don't need to run them up too fast for long but check that they respond to the individual throttle sliders properly and then the master slider properly.

Having issues connecting to betaflight,is this old *** laptop going to cut it or do i need a better computer lol?
3f50fd5d58697af11203f3181b8f2714.jpg

There is nothing wrong with that PC, you don't need anything special at all to run these configurators.
Like Virtue said, you gotta get the drivers loaded and working to connect to your bird.

Do u need winzip for this? I do remember trying before and winzip was giving me issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax