Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

non conductive screws?

spiderpig

Reaction score
So I have this 180 build I did that has been working great. I flew it at an indoor event and it flew fine and the OSD was working well. I was at a multiGP event yesterday and brought the quad to fly since I'm used to it the most. During the practice time I noticed that the OSD was flashing instead of being steady on. But since it was still flying fine, I flew the day with it (I did have a backup quad, but it was 210 and I haven't flown gates with a 210 at that time).

So today I figured I'd get the bottom of the issue. I read that the flashing OSD is most likely a grounding issue. So I rewired some things, and the issue went away...but now I'm getting really bad lines coming up. I rewired things more and more....and when apart and tested - things worked fine. But when I put things back together...lines came back.

So I figured the issue was the top plate of the frame. When it was screwed in, it caused the lines to appear when the motors are spinning. If I use the nylon spacers to screw it in - no lines. So I"m looking for suggestion as either how to fix the issue...or if there are really strong m3 non-conductive screws. I figure nylon screws would probably shear off on a crash..so need something stronger. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you may need to insulate the ground part of your vtx antenna from the carbon fiber

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam