Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newbie build #2 - smoked motors

kris660

Reaction score
Hi all .. i decided to try dshot build , removed single cap from new ztw 30a esc's and wired t-motors rmrc (2205 /2600kv) using DYS F4 board .
Got twitching motors on initial plug in of battery .
Updated ESc's via BL Heli Suite and set motor rotation .
Did motor test and motors 1 & 3 got crazy hot in about 2 secs followed by smoke .
What did I miss here ????

Kris,

You're over my head on this one. Highest I've run so far is Multishot. Don't know if you've seen this but maybe it'll help. If not, drop a note to JC, maybe he can help.

Jerry

Reactions: Speeder and kris660
Kris, my Armattan chameleon is running on DSHOT 600
And I was warned that if i want to fly with no gyro and have only Acro mode enabled on the bird I HAD to remove all the filters on the bird using a code in the CLI area of betaflight or my motors WILL smoke.! Boy I hope that you get it sorted. I hope this helps...Jerries video post was great .

Peace
Keith

Reactions: kris660 and Jtrjr
Although I am exceptionally new to his world of quads...it seems to me that purchasing off brand anything that has to interact with another brand or program and peacefully interact correctly with 4 or 5 other boards made from potentially different manufacturers, and different qualities is just asking for problems. It also seems to me that paying a little more for the products that make a vey complex object do what our birds do (seriously) almost instantly would be worth the cost for sure. For me anyway I want to fly (or try) to fly, not screw around with computer board interactions and responsibility allocation...just some thoughts...

As always
Peace Keith

Reactions: kris660
That's interesting. I just started messing with filters and PID's last week. I read/saw that turning off or changing filter settings could smoke motors and ESC's but I didn't realize that leaving them on could do so. I thought that leaving them on would just hinder the performance of the quad.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
This builder said that it had something to do with the gyro being activated at all. Like for horizon mode. I would have to remove the gyro effect from all of betaflight sequences.
I can still fly acro with DSHOT but the filters reduce flying characteristics.

Keith

dshot is basically still in beta and is buggy as all hell, that being said, i highly recommend sticking to analog esc signal until digital (dshot) protocol is debugged

Reactions: Jtrjr and kris660
Will definitely setup with multishot after reading above, now to wait on new motors and esc's to arrive o_O .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax