Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My 2nd Apex build but on KISS this time

So tell me Eric, is Kiss really a lot better than BF/RF like many people say? I would actually trust your opinion. It sure looks nicer from the way you're flying it.

Last edited:
So tell me Eric, is Kiss really a lot better than BF/RF like many people say? I would actually trust your opinion. It sure looks nicer from the way your flying it.
Hey HiTechPauper! It's really a matter of preference. When you compare the KISS system to BF/RF it really is a lot simpler (for me), and just supports it's theory of keeping it simple. BF is a good platform I just find there are too many areas to tune and adjust. I hear good thing about all the filtering but when i use KISS it just works. I keep my rates at 135 but I find playing with the RC curve makes a big difference in how smooth you can make the flight. Instead of an instant change in direction you can have it more gradual then ramp up as your stick goes farther away from center. I am actually considering removing the Mamba stack ESC and FC F722S and replacing with KISS. Time will tell though.. need to give it a fair chance. That's my 2 cents but as I say it really comes down to preference as they are to really good platforms. :)

In JB's youtube series "3 Packs Every Day" he has a session called "I bought Mr. Steele's quad for $900". I did not want to post the video here in ebeez's thread but it can be seen on YT. That quad has Kiss on it and he seemed quite impressed with how it flew, especially how the throttle reacted but was unsure if it was Kiss or the quads components that made the difference. Since Steele seems to use it, I would guess there must be some reason he prefers it.

EDIT: Just came across his YT video where he explains why he uses Kiss. It is titled "KISS V2 What is it? Mr Steele's FPV PIDs/Rates | ETHIX".

Last edited by a moderator:
In JB's youtube series "3 Packs Every Day" he has a session called "I bought Mr. Steele's quad for $900". I did not want to post the video here in ebeez's thread but it can be seen on YT. That quad has Kiss on it and he seemed quite impressed with how it flew, especially how the throttle reacted but was unsure if it was Kiss or the quads components that made the difference. Since Steele seems to use it, I would guess there must be some reason he prefers it.

EDIT: Just came across his YT video where he explains why he uses Kiss. It is titled "KISS V2 What is it? Mr Steele's FPV PIDs/Rates | ETHIX".
Yes i saw these video too. I was wondering how JB would react to Steeles quad..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18