Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for my first FPV drone

xTHxGrizzly

Reaction score
I'm looking for my first FPV drone kit, I know nothing about them so im looking for some help, whats a good place to start, id like something up-gradable for a beginner that can become more advanced.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
Well I know my first real drone was the arris c250v2, I've had experience with rc for a long time so I kinda already had an idea how to fly it by still I'm extremely pleased with it. Comes in ready to fly kits (drone goggles and transmiter) has self leveling that can be turned on and off (although I suggest you start with it off or you'll pick up bad habits) and it's relatively cheap. It's also a tank so you don't have to worry terribly for when you crash like it did here. All my videos are with this drone

Very nice price, extra batteries aren't a bad idea either.

And a charging station so you can charge them all properly, safely and at the same time.

I would look into a mini fpv for inside to get used to fpv quicker.the poke mini is awsome from hobby-wing.you can use the same fpv goggles .I also have the arris 250 but it's so powerful I kept getting it stuck in trees learning fpv cause you can't see what is behind you .

Reactions: Wayno52
Auto it sounds to me that you may need to find a bigger space to fly or preferably get some practice on a sim. The arris is reasonably powerful as most racing drones are. Time on a sim will help develop muscle memory.
A micro will be great ,small enough to fly indoors. But a sim will really help .

I can attest to the value of a sim. In only a few weeks I went from being unable to fly at all in acro and now I am doing so much better.

Auto it sounds to me that you may need to find a bigger space to fly or preferably get some practice on a sim. The arris is reasonably powerful as most racing drones are. Time on a sim will help develop muscle memory.
A micro will be great ,small enough to fly indoors. But a sim will really help .

The key to becoming a good pilot is practice. Time on the sticks is what will develop muscle memory. Be it on a sim or flying your bird as often as you can. When you watch someone like Futura fly, you realise that it is not a race. It is all about flow which you cannot buy.

yup my backyard has trees all over lol.ive learned to fly low so I won't need the ladder lol so which sim do you suggest.I have a taranis x7

thanks, sorry if I stole this thread a little :)
posts here tend to Segway. you're fine lol. but yea never had the problem of running into something BEHIND me lol. in front yes. but i can see just hovering might have that issue if you're just starting out and balancing in the air. for example, i ran into a goal post pretty dang hard yesterday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockercoaster