Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I need some help.

Kongkameltoe

Reaction score
I can normally figure out stuff like this on my own but I'm brand new to drones period. I bought a rtf Arris xspeed and the thing drifts forward or to the right. When I put it in non acro mode it almost flips over on take off. I can use the trim buttons and get it up in the air but I have to compensate the entire time and end up crashing since its still drifts so bad. I cant find anything online about recalibrating the gyro or compass? Any help is much appreciated.

Hook the quad up to betaflight/cleanflight. Put the drone so it sits level, and click "calibrate accelerometer".

Go to receiver tab, move the sticks and see if the bars move. If not, plug in the quad battery. With your sticks centered, each channel should read 1500us. At min they should be 1000us and at max 2000us. If they don't, set each of them using the sub-trim and endpoints menus in your radio's settings menu. Set a deadband of about 4us for pitch/roll and yaw.

Is this software that is given with the drone or is it something I have to download? How would I know if I have betaflight or cleanflight?

It has either cleanflight or betaflight installed already (betaflight I would guess?). Cleanflight and Betaflight each have their own chrome browser configurator app.

Download the app, then open it and on the first page you will find driver links. Install the first two drivers (a bit of a chore to download, requires registering). Do this before plugging in the Flight Controller to USB. That should get you going.

I reeeeeaallllly didnt want to start messing with computer stuff till I got into it more. What the hell is rtf good for if its not really rtf grrrrr. Thanks for the help though. If using the trim on the transmitter doesnt work I guess this is the only other thing it could be. Can you do this on an android phone by chance?

I reeeeeaallllly didnt want to start messing with computer stuff till I got into it more. What the hell is rtf good for if its not really rtf grrrrr. Thanks for the help though. If using the trim on the transmitter doesnt work I guess this is the only other thing it could be. Can you do this on an android phone by chance?

I haven't used it but there is an android app i believe. I think it is 3rd party though.

Yes, RTF is misleading. The only ones that really seem ready are ones advertised as "tuned" like from grayson hobby and the like.

Sweet. Thanks again for the info. There doesnt seem to be anyone in my area into racing drones right now :(

So looking at the otg cables is what I need or can I just use a double ended micro usb? Im totally clueless.

Keep at it bro, it is so worth it... No one in my area either, it will get easier as you learn more and it is a bit expensive, but worth every minute and every penny

Reactions: Kongkameltoe
For the calibration you have to use the chrome app on a windows Pc with normal micro USB , there is a android app version but that is for tuning PiDs only , great for tuning in the field but can't do any Rc controller setup / or drone setup , for that app to work you need a otg cable plus a normal micro USB , so stick with main betaflight app on chrome

Reactions: Kongkameltoe
So I got it hooked up to a computer and recalibrated the accelerometer but nothing changed... I cant get it to hover in acro mode within a 4 ft circumference. Unless im just that bad at this but i dont feel like its me. Im afraif to even put my goggles on and take it up past 5ft in the air. I can change the direction it drifts with the trim buttons on the transmitter but theres no combination that seems right.

Forget self leveling mode and just start learning Acro. The leveling modes are useless anyways.
Yes I agree. Ive only had it in self leveling mode once or twice but with the drifting it made it just as challenging as acro so ive been flying in acro but mostly just messing with trims trying to get it to stop drifting

What model of xspeed did you buy , looking online to get a better idea of the components your drone has , most of the rtf drones by arris come tuned from the factory according to their website , have you contacted them for support , keep giving us info Greenorange will figure it out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svetlio10