Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

HELP!: Flight controls get inverted when I try to take a curve

jfrinconc

Reaction score
Hello! I'm trying to fly my 5" quad with a Diatone Mamba F405 MK2 stack. I have no problems flying in straight lines (front to back/back to front, left to right/right to left) However, when I try to take a curve (to the left or to the right) using ailerons and rudder to bank the drone it's gets crazy about 120° from the pivot point. What I mean by crazy is while turning suddenly flight controls get inverted, when I move the aileron stick to the left the drone banks to the right, when I try to pitch forward drone pitches back an so far and so on. I already installed the latest firmware, tried two different flight controllers (I have two stacks) and two sets of motors (Samguk 2306 2300Kv and Samguk 2207 2300KV), but nothing seems to work.

At this point I don't know what else to do so I really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Juan Felipe Rincón

Attachments

• 16871864479141586603142525336519.jpg
    16871864479141586603142525336519.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Video showing it? Sounds like running out of power.

I would look at the Receiver tab in BF and observe what happens when you move the radio's sticks in that way. What you are describing cannot be a flight controller issue as only the radio's control link to the Rx can affect stick commands.

Hi! That sounds like a challenging situation. It seems like you've covered the basics already. Have you checked the gyro and accelerometer calibration? Sometimes recalibrating those might resolve the unexpected flight control issues. Also, considering the specific setup, it might be worth checking the Betaflight configuration for any unusual settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18