Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello from MavicPilots

Cyberpower678

Reaction score
I'm a total noob and just built my first racer. The next steps are to tune the PIDs. As I never done this before, I would appreciate some insight. I'm using betaflight on an F7 controller.

From what I understand P is stick responsiveness, I is how stead the drone is in flight, and D helps to control the oscillations. Do I have this correct?

From what I understand P is stick responsiveness, I is how stead the drone is in flight, and D helps to control the oscillations. Do I have this correct?
Welcome to FPV and the forum. Is there a reason you feel you need to tune? That board/gfu should have a great stock tune. If you have oscillations, it may not be due to tune. This video is one of the simplest tuning videos i've seen

Welcome to FPV and the forum. Is there a reason you feel you need to tune? That board/gfu should have a great stock tune. If you have oscillations, it may not be due to tune. This video is one of the simplest tuning videos i've seen
Maybe. I haven't actually tried to bring it up into the air just yet. When I applied minimum throttle, the motors turned on and off so quickly, it rattled the screws out of the motors. Yikes. Maybe my throttle settings are a bit off?

Also, if you have your flight controller orientation wrong, it'll go nuts. You can set the orientation in betaflight under configuration, if i'm remembering right. Been a while since i've used betaflight. I use raceflight

Also, if you have your flight controller orientation wrong, it'll go nuts. You can set the orientation in betaflight under configuration, if i'm remembering right. Been a while since i've used betaflight. I use raceflight
I did definitely make sure that the orientation is correct, I'll check the reciever endpoints. I use SBUS though.

Sometimes with no props, they'll act funny. With a finger on the arm switch (you can set arm to a switch in betaflight), try it with props on outside, just make sure you can quickly disarm it

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Sometimes with no props, they'll act funny. With a finger on the arm switch (you can set arm to a switch in betaflight), try it with props on outside, just make sure you can quickly disarm it
Will do, but I won't be able to report back until tomorrow. When it rattled some screws loose, I lost them. Getting more tomorrow.

Will do, but I won't be able to report back until tomorrow. When it rattled some screws loose, I lost them. Getting more tomorrow.
You can use two screws per motor, its all i ever use. Good luck, let us know how it goes. The first build includes a large learning curve but is well worth the trouble

I'm a total noob and just built my first racer. The next steps are to tune the PIDs. As I never done this before, I would appreciate some insight. I'm using betaflight on an F7 controller.

Welcome to DRP Cyber . 0ROJYyg.png

Haven't seen much on the snail, it shouldn't be the problem. Set your endpoints, set a switch to arm/disarm, put some props on it and go outside for a test, just make sure you can disarm quickly

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax