Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fpv beginners help.

Vietnow

Reaction score
Hello, need some help I have experience flying various toy drone and dji . I just got into FPV flying. I have been looking at some parts to buy I got the taranis QX7 I was looking at the goggles the ev800d or fat shark dom V3 and I was looking at a drone to learn acro I saw the I et125 but I'm not sure if there's something better out there the drone itself cost $138. If anyone can help or has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, that et125 should be a good choice.

The ev800d are ok (I have a plain ev800) but they are not really that comfortable. The Eachine Goggles Two are very comfortable, although they are very large as well.

Hi, that et125 should be a good choice.

The ev800d are ok (I have a plain ev800) but they are not really that comfortable. The Eachine Goggles Two are very comfortable, although they are very large as well.

What about the fatshark dom v3?

The Fatshark Dom V3 are pretty good. But it only comes with a single channel receiver. I just got my set. You can buy an aftermarket diversity receiver afterwards which I highly recommend for less FPV dropouts. I ordered the Eachine module - heard it works really well. I also have a EV800d. It works well - large clear screen, but kinda bulky box goggles.

I use the FS Dom V3. These are very popular in the FPV world. I bought these shortly after using the FS Teleporter V5. Huge difference in range, clarity and field of view. Wish I would have purchased the better ones up front.
Just keep in mind the receiver in the goggles is usually sold separately but I do see now some come as a package. Kind of expensive but the good news is they are on your face, not the drone so breaking them is a bit harder. I realized when I got into FPV, the goggles over the drone was where I dug deeper into my pocket as the fpv experience starts with whats on your face, not whats in the air. Good antenna's also make a difference.
I was also talked out of getting the FS Dom HD3. A friend showed me his and I didnt like em, ended up going with the V3. But, each to his own.

there are a number of Youtube videos comparing goggles. I referenced that a lot as most purchases are "buy then try"......a lot of money for something you cant test drive first.

Question: Do you wear glasses? I do, and thats a whole nother thing to address.with goggles.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I use the FS Dom V3. These are very popular in the FPV world. I bought these shortly after using the FS Teleporter V5. Huge difference in range, clarity and field of view. Wish I would have purchased the better ones up front.
Just keep in mind the receiver in the goggles is usually sold separately but I do see now some come as a package. Kind of expensive but the good news is they are on your face, not the drone so breaking them is a bit harder. I realized when I got into FPV, the goggles over the drone was where I dug deeper into my pocket as the fpv experience starts with whats on your face, not whats in the air. Good antenna's also make a difference.
I was also talked out of getting the FS Dom HD3. A friend showed me his and I didnt like em, ended up going with the V3. But, each to his own.

there are a number of Youtube videos comparing goggles. I referenced that a lot as most purchases are "buy then try"......a lot of money for something you cant test drive first.

Question: Do you wear glasses? I do, and thats a whole nother thing to address.with goggles.

Yeah the difference is $200 for me and I looked at the aomway but did not like how they feel. Either I get the dom 3 or get the ev800d and later get a higher model of fatshark, I just think the dom v3 has been out a while. I see a lot good reviews on it. I got the amazon deal $250 for one and the true d reciver for $70. But still thinking if is worth it.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Careful of the Furious FPV True D receiver..One guy claimed it burnt out 2 of his Fatshark goggles. They were both working before install the module in both.

Vietnow.

Thinking back........If I had to do it all over, hind sight at 20/20
1) if you dont wear glasses, forget the MASSIVE goggles. Gotta set, hate em.....cheap........crap( for serious FPV).
2) FPV-watch a pot full of utube comparisons.on goggle, receivers and transmitters.....its worth it.
3) Playing Field: You can fpv, or FPV. Its up to you.

Sadly, like every sport, the more aggressive you want to be, the more $$ it takes. Im on your side. Wish us well.

That's why I love my box goggles, I can wear my glasses..........FPV!

I just received my Quanum Cyclospe goggles, made a small mod of adding better padding and I am looking forward to using them.

Hey guys.

I have bought a wizard X220 RTF and I am definitely in noob when it comes to the finer technical side of the quad. I have an issue i can’t seem to resolve and need help from all the far more clever people in here...

AFTER I had a crash it seemed to have burnt out a motor and the stock esc. I replaced a single motor with the same and got a Blheli racestar 20A esc, soldered it on, reconfigured it through beta flight and Blheli configurator. Obviously had the props off to test, it had all the beeping sounds and save and reboot sounds, motors spun from zero to hero like normal it seemed.

Took it to a close by park and it arms as normal but when I go to take off it has a wobble and power cuts out. I re armed it time and time again, just using directions rather than throttle and it wants to lift in those directions but if I go to add throttle to take off it has a fair wobble and power cuts out.

I’m thinking Maby is to do with the timing of the new esc, but I thought i rectified that and its still doing th same thing.

I Have no idea how to fix this any help would’ve greatly appreciated.

If you are using multishot (or oneshot) you need to calibrate your ESC. Just do them all together, it's easy, takes about 10 seconds. Youtube has good videos on it.

Sure, I have done that and it worked just like in many vids I’ve watched. I’ll have to post a vid on what the drone is actually doing.

Careful of the Furious FPV True D receiver..One guy claimed it burnt out 2 of his Fatshark goggles. They were both working before install the module in both.
That just happened to me, installed the new module and it worked fine for the first couple of flights. Reconnected a fresh battery and no display on the receiver. Plugged in my old OLED Fatshark module and it doesn't power up either. I flicked off an email to FPVfurious and the supplier of the module and pointed out that there were some problems with the module shorting out if pressed in too firmly and damage to the goggles as a result. Waiting to hear back from either or both to see what next steps are.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe