Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone from China

Matt and Jerry, thanks. Matt I checked out that SRD101, what a cool little bird. I believe my radio and goggles should work with it. I am gonna do a little investigating and hopefully drop $100.

That one from banggood is probably about the same hardware wise. But the storm one is pretty good out of the box. I configured my radio with the built in betaflight settings, and haven't even connected it to my PC which is weird because I like fooling around with betafligbt anyways. I will configure the one from banggood just like this one. The radio instructions are very detailed and give you level, horizon and 3 rate modes via two switches, which is handy..

Hey Guy's my name is Mark, and am totally new to the Drone world..that being said I'm considering the SRD 250V2 from Helipal and the vifly 220
Merdok have you received yours yet? If so whats your thoughts.

Mark...

Sorry,didn't realize there was 3 pages lol.
what would you guys go with for your first racer? SRD 250V2 or the VIFLY220

Thanks again

Mark...

Hey Mark, you have found a good place to learn with some really great people. I have made some friends here in a short time and I am new to the drone scene myself. Glad you found us.

I cannot speak for the SRD250V2 as I do not own it nor have I ever flown it. This would be a good time to point out that I have nothing else either to compare my experience to as I am a newbie, a rookie if you will. With that said, I absolutely love my VIFLY R220! I cannot say enough good about it straight out of the box. It is built very solid and it is durable. I have had mine for a couple weeks now and have flown it probably 10 or so times. It has all of the punch that I can handle and fly's like a dream, very responsive. It is a solid little race drone right out of the box. I bought the Marvel Vision FPV Goggles from them as well and I have been pleasantly surprised, they are nice. I am just learning FPV so my time with them on has been very limited, but they are very clear and nicely built. I let my teenage daughter wear them while I fly and she says it's amazing, hope I get there soon. I am currently trying to decide which small drone to buy so I can practice FPV inside.

I also have nothing but great things to say about the company. I have to be honest and say that I was nervous about buying something from outside of the states, I had never done that. I communicated a lot through email with an employee named Tim, he kept me up to date on everything from start to finish. The package arrived much faster than I thought it would and it was packed very secure, someone would have to do some seriously bad things to destroy the outer box it comes in. The actual box has a nice foam cutout for everything. I stand behind the VIFLY company, I was very impressed with them. So were my buddies, three of them bought the VIFLYR220 last week and they are all receiving them tomorrow. They sent me some messages today and they all sound like kids at Christmas. I thought I read that $299 was the sale price through the end of December and then it was going back to $399, might be something you want to check out.

I cant speak for anything else but I feel confident that you will not regret the VIFLYR220. I picked up two extra batteries as well, I went with the 3S batteries. You don't have to buy extras from them, but man you are gonna want to fly longer than 6 minutes. Let us know what you decide......welcome to the madness.

Scott

Reactions: Jtrjr
Thank you so much for the reply and the advice!!
I have been searching all over the web and researching diff. companies and drones and this one was right at the top of my list next to the Storm.
kinda sucks that the price will change at the end of the month :( was not ready to pull the trigger just yet.
I did send them an Email earlier about the batteries. I found some Turnigy nano tech from Hobby King for around $15-20 each and have heard nothing but excellent reviews from other pilots they claim flight times are greater and a high quality product.

Mark...

They sure did, their packages came on time as promised. Yesterday we were all on shift but I didn't get to work directly with them as our system needed another body at another station, and it was my day in the barrel. Two of them had their wives bring them to the station yesterday evening. They were able to send me a picture but that was about it as they had an extremely busy evening/night. Its raining like crazy here this morning so I no that sucks for them. I am pretty sure they are like 10 year olds at Christmas.

I would imagine the cars will be stacking up like cans here in a minute, any thing other than dry and it's like a crash em up derby. That means we are probably getting off late, making there wait a little longer.

They got the black one and the white one, they both look sweet. I went with the red and am very happy with it. My other buddy got the yellow, I can't wait to see that one. Have you made a decision yet?

No....I have not its hard to decide on the style I want.
One of the cons I see on this style is your limited to making any Mods.
A HUGE Pro, is it looks unbreakable!! I wanted the black as well it would be great if you could get some pics up so I can get a visual on all the colors side by side.

Also On the Storm, it has 6 flying modes (kinda like baby steps lol)
and this was a big plus for me since I'm brand new to the flying game
maybe I'm just paranoid! :cool:

Mark...

Tough decision Mark. I agree, your not doing to many mods to the ViFly because its all enclosed but thats what I wanted starting out. This thing is tough. I think this one has three different modes. Good luck which ever way you go.

Well I have placed my order....
went with the ViFly in black then I went to Hobby King and picked up 3 Turnigy Nano tech 1300 45-90c 4s batteries for $15.00 each. Then I also ordered som DAL 5045 bullnose props!

Can't wait.
Will keep you posted when it shows up so we can compare notes etc.
Thanks again
Mark...

Dang! Way to go Mark. The UPS man stopped by my house today, but it hasn't been such a great day. My order from Tower came and I found the neck strap that I bought to be tangled, unfortunately to the point that I couldn't straighten it out. This was because the end thats twisted is permanently sewn to the buckle. I know, but really..it was twisted from the factory when it was made. No worries as I was just going to deal with that. Then I found the two batteries that I ordered were physically too big to fit into the ViFly's battery space, no way to correct this as the batteries size was just too long. On a bright note the Venom charger seems to be all that it is cracked up to be. The next item was a charging cable for your little 1S batteries, this one can do 6 at a time. It took me a minute to hook the lead to the cable, but when it finally happened the charger would beep loudly and tell me reverse polarity. This cable I purchased to do the little 1S batteries does not work for the little 1S batteries I have. The hobby shop was supposed to have my battery repaired but a phone call let me know that they are still waiting on parts.
I made my way to the Post Office to return the items. I kept the 1S cable, maybe I can find some use for it in the future. I was really hoping that would work.
Congrats on the 220 Mark, I think you will be very happy with it. Keep us posted.

Dand man!!
Sorry for the headaches! Hope things work out for you. That's the down side to ordering things online verse buying in person.
Unfortunately I do not have a Hobby shop around here close (2 hrs away) so I have to order online
Get some pics up!!!
OH and does the drone come with a parts list and part #'s?

Thanks man. I do have a couple hobby shops that are close to my work. As a matter of fact the one I took to have my balance lead on my battery fixed is owned by an old buddy. We were both Police Officers back in the 90's and went through the Academy together. He left before me do due to the job just sucks, I left later for the Fire Department. Gave 10 years of my life to that profession before I got smart.....oh well I got side tracked. Anyway, He has had some business ventures and went in halves with a buddy of his. He is not in the hobby scene just onboard as a business partner but he was working in the store the other day when I went in. He said he does a couple days a week there and is learning about the hobby. My point to the whole story is I think I will be buying stuff from there if I can in the future.

As far as the 220 goes paperwork is not their strong suit. It does come with a small book that is informative but not a ton of information. I made a copy of the spec sheet taken right from their web-site. I saw that you ordered some props, let me know how they work out as I would like to stock up on them. A bit of advice so you don't do what I did. When you get whatever battery you are going to use, make sure you secure the balance lead to the battery with a rubber band. Do this each time, if you don't you will quickly try to set the 220 on fire because the balance lead will get disintegrated by the prop and it will put on a heck of a show arching. There is a good chance that my battery has damage to it because of this. Do yourself a favor and just rubber band the balance lead to the battery before each and every flight.

Reactions: pixelPilot
Thank's buddy!
The DAL props I bought are from GetFpv and I picked up 15 sets for $15 (on sale) they have been dubbed "indestructible"
They are the same props used on the DRL league They will bend but not break I guess.....we will see ;)

Reminds me of the Arris f210 as well. I have also waited forever for items from China. I made an order for an SRD101 and the shipping estimate said 6-7 days on helipal. In reality it took them 8 days to ship, then 14 more days in transit! Right now, surprisingly, the best deal going seems to be the Eachine (gasp!) Wizard 220 on banggood.com. Usually I don't like the Eachine drones but the Wizard is good. I do really like Eachine's goggles. Cheap and very good.

I just bought a wizard for my first quad. It had good reviews and I thought for $200 AU delivered with spares it would a good start till I get my other quad. My Horus was wrongly delivered to another area so will have to wait for it a few more days.
Anyone know of a good place to get batteries in Australia?

I had looked at the SRD 250V2 from Helipal, the eachine wizard, the Falcon 250 pro and the emax nighthawk.
They all had good reviews....the turning point for me was the ViFly 220 is more crash proof (Or Mark proof in my case ;))
That being said The Emax has the battery covered that I like alot, just like the Storm 250v2, In the long run I can always buy another drone and add to the collection.
As for batteries I think Hobby King has a warehouse in Australia (Turnigy Nano tech have great reviews)
Post some pics when you get your drone as will I..

Mark...

Thank's buddy!
The DAL props I bought are from GetFpv and I picked up 15 sets for $15 (on sale) they have been dubbed "indestructible"
They are the same props used on the DRL league They will bend but not break I guess.....we will see ;)
I had a look for these props and couldn't find the special. If yi have a link I would be most grateful...cheers

Anyone know what size batteries I need for the wizardx220. I will be getting the alien 250 in a month or so...are 1600 4S to big?

Your Battery that would come with the RTF Is a 1500mah 3s 89mm l x 19mm w x 35mm h
If you look for a 4s battery make sure your C rating is higher so you dont burn up the esc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18