Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

drone stalls/falls down when throttle blip

WubsFPV

Reaction score
When i hover my drone and give it a blip of throttle it falls down almost like stalls. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening?
dvr recording of an example in the attached wetransfer file: example.mp4 (safe to click only dvr video)
i added some screenshots of betaflight settings. I didnt change any settings when updating the controller only the ports and gyro so it corresponds to drone movement

i am using the geprc cinelog 35

Attachments

• image_2023-10-02_212551580.png
    image_2023-10-02_212551580.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image_2023-10-02_212637028.png
    image_2023-10-02_212637028.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image_2023-10-02_212706106.png
    image_2023-10-02_212706106.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image_2023-10-02_212718201.png
    image_2023-10-02_212718201.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 4
Yaw degree shld be '0' if you face your flight controller in forward. Roll degree suppose be '0'.

Try to set the loop frequecy in within 3 to 4 for flight controller F4, '8.00' Khz only suitable F7 flight controller.

set those all Derivative to '0' feedforward can be set in within 0 - 35, 120 was too highest.

Disable the Anti-Gravity, Throttle boost set to only '3' for beginner or highest it could crash your drone.

Double check your lipo battery could delivered enough amp for fly.

Yaw degree shld be '0' if you face your flight controller in forward. Roll degree suppose be '0'.

Try to set the loop frequecy in within 3 to 4 for flight controller F4, '8.00' Khz only suitable F7 flight controller.

set those all Derivative to '0' feedforward can be set in within 0 - 35, 120 was too highest.

Disable the Anti-Gravity, Throttle boost set to only '3' for beginner or highest it could crash your drone.

Double check your lipo battery could delivered enough amp for fly.
I've tried setting the loop frequency to 4, disabled anty-gravity and set throttle boost to 3 and all of it didn't help.
As for the pid tunning i dont have much knowledge to set the to the way you suggested. as for the yaw and roll degrees i need to keep them as they are so the drone in te setup tab the 3d model corresponds correctly to the irl movements.

to mention the drone flies very smooth and with no problems when not doing big movements, when i try to do something faster it falls in a moment it's not like i cant control the drone it just falls on its own.

Do you fly in angle mode or acro mode?

Center the stick around 1500?

Disable Low pass filter 1?

maybe you could list out your dump files here by using "dump all" on cli.

Do you fly in angle mode or acro mode?

Center the stick around 1500?

Disable Low pass filter 1?

maybe you could list out your dump files here by using "dump all" on cli.
I fly in acro,
you mean to disable gyro lowpass 1 filter? that didn't seem to work out, still the same.
i don't know how to set the sticks to 1500 or what that really means i don't want to screw around with it.

here are the dump files: # # dump all# version# Betaflight / STM32F7X2 (S7X2) 4.4.2 Jun 19 2023 - Pastebin.com

Last edited:
yups. disable gyro lowpass 1 filter would reduce some noise and give more throttle power to your quad.

If you fly in acro mode under beginner and wanna liked to fly as expert and also like to fly in liked behave to human nature felt.

my trick is set your pitch into "inverted mode". I found difficult to fly when stayed in beginner until i found this trick.

In betaflight CLI,

rxrange 1 2000 1000

save

when you fly just press the pitch down to push up. pitch up when you fly in normal and everything felt liked nature to suit human. Even you don;t fly for monthly and start to fly it also felt pleasant to be easily to fly with no training.

FYI, I do set to inverted pitch always to my betaflight.

yups. disable gyro lowpass 1 filter would reduce some noise and give more throttle power to your quad.

If you fly in acro mode under beginner and wanna liked to fly as expert and also like to fly in liked behave to human nature felt.

my trick is set your pitch into "inverted mode". I found difficult to fly when stayed in beginner until i found this trick.

In betaflight CLI,

rxrange 1 2000 1000

save

when you fly just press the pitch down to push up. pitch up when you fly in normal and everything felt liked nature to suit human. Even you don;t fly for monthly and start to fly it also felt pleasant to be easily to fly with no training.

FYI, I do set to inverted pitch always to my betaflight.
the problem isn't user error, everytime happens the same i blip up the throttle and it falls to the left and looses controll. when flying slow and with no suden movement it works and flies amazing. but i cant trust it since when i need to get out of a situation it fails on me.

Could be a deformed/improperly mounted prop, or just the motor/prop combo not providing enough thrust for the aircraft's weight and stalling.

Could be a deformed/improperly mounted prop, or just the motor/prop combo not providing enough thrust for the aircraft's weight and stalling.
the props are new and are well mounted, the motors are the ones that came with the aircraft.

Have you seen anything error message appear on your fpv googles?

Prop

It seem liked battery don't have enough ampere to draw power, have your try another 4S battery 100C and see?

or
In CLI, try to add more thrust to

set thrust_linear = 20

set motor_pwm_rate = 1100

set dyn_idle_min_rpm = 20

save

have you mess out throttle with yaw

normall we are using AETR1234

Attachments

• receiver.jpg
    receiver.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 4

Prop

It seem liked battery don't have enough ampere to draw power, have your try another 4S battery 100C and see?

or

set thrust_linear = 20

save
i tried other batterys but same result, i will try the settings tou recommended to put in the cli

Prop

or

set thrust_linear = 20

save
this didn't help either, most likely my FC is just bad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members