Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata 2 - a cinematic aerial adventure

I’ve never had a problem flying over water, never. I consistently fly 2 miles or so round trip over a lake. I’ve flown close to 900 miles with my Avata

I have lost 2 Avata while flying over moving water where the Avata has actually reversed direction despite increasing the throttle to max to move it from over the moving water. I have done he same flights with my Min 3 pro without any issues over the same flowing water without issue. There are many examples on Youtube of this happening to other users of the Avata. I am trying to find a reason other than I want one to buy the new version of the Avata.

Were you using the motion controller on these flights? Did you have any issues with flying over water like the original Avata experienced.
Yes, I was using the motion controller, and I haven't had any problems flying over water, I actually took it to the beach this week and did flew low over the waves without any issues. However, I didn't actually ever experience any problems with flying over water with the Avata 1.

Glad you enjoyed the video!

Even when I first got my Avata1, I never had problems with flying over moving water: see the attached Raw footage from off of Lahaina, HI (week before the fire in 2023 😪). Please forgive the choppy, unedited footage from the Goggles SD card, as I was brand new to the platform and getting used to the settings and controls. Great place to fly though!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007