Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

cleanflight

mycivicsi05

Reaction score
can anyone help me with cleanflight. I am new to the hobby, bought a shrunken 250 and tried to hook up to clean flight would not hook up until i updated the firmware. I updated the firmware and now the quad will not do anything with the remote. The remote can see the quad power but that is it. Can anyone help.

Welcome to the DRP forum @mycivicsi05,

If you updated firmware then you lost all of your configuration, did you go back through all the setup and config it again? Good reason to always dump your config before upgrade so you know how it was configured before.

You may also want to switch to Betaflight as many more people use it and that may make it easier to get help, and it essentially looks just like CF but the background color is yellow instead of green.

Welcome to the DRP forum @mycivicsi05,

If you updated firmware then you lost all of your configuration, did you go back through all the setup and config it again? Good reason to always dump your config before upgrade so you know how it was configured before.
No i didn't make a back up didn't know how and i don't know how it was config. from the factory

I went on the Holybro web page and found a setting page for clean flight made a copy and went into the CLI and pasted it. I got the crontroller sticks working but still won't arm

You have a bit to learn to get it back up and running, Google is your friend in this, I would start by searching for "configuring cleanflight", or better yet do yourself a favor and re-flash the board with Betaflight and you will find a lot more because CF is the rarely used fork of the Baseflight code that started with the separation into CF and BF. BF gets better stuff sooner because many more people are working on it than CF and by far many more people are using BF than CF. But either way they are essentially identical as far as 99% of the configuration so you could also watch vids about BF as well as CF. I would recommend you look for stuff from Project Blue Falcon or Joshua Bardwell, even though it is BF based, CF is almost, if not identical.

Look at your remote to see what channel was being used to arm it and go set it up in the Modes tab

Thanks for the info. I hope to get it up and flying been about a week of me trying all kinds of stuff and been searching the internet.

when i am on CF the sticks are working but when i move the aux switches they are not doing anything.

The remote that came with it is a FLYSKY FSi6S all the top switches has letters to identify them like SWA SWB SWC and SWD

This forum and searching the internet are probably the best resources in the world for this stuff, I spent 2 months learning before I even tried to mess with it, but that made it go smooth as butter, and I am a safer more knowledgeable operator because of it. Make no mistake, these things can be very dangerous if you aren't prepared in any way, flying twirling ninja swords of death I tell you! Try to know what can happen before you arm with props on.

There are simple videos to help you do this, we can't just say a few words and teach you what you need to know, if the sticks work and there are no Aux channels I would suggest you see how many channels are enabled in the FC, what FC is it by the way.

i don't know the command in CF but in BF it is "get channels" and the command you would use to change it is something like this for example "set max_aux_channels = 14". A lot will depend on the exact syntax for CF and what FC you have.

You're welcome, if I knew CF and the Flysky I would try to guess at more, but I see there are a number of videos out there to show you better than I can. Good luck and let us know how it's going and if there is anything you are having trouble with. Millions of people learn about this stuff and enjoy the gift of soaring like a bird, you will too.

Randy

Just wanted to say thanks again. I did some more digging and found that the controller aux switches were not set. I reconfigured the controller then hooked the drone up to CF and seems to be working now.

Only problem i am having now is that the throttle will not decrease. I arm the drone right stick works perfect. The left still yaw works but if i throttle it up then let off motor speed comes down then starts to speed up on its own. Does anybody have any ideas

i arm the drone and motors spin but if hit the throttle then let off the motors start to spin faster and faster on its own and the

Ok I see what you are talking about. I do have the props off but why doesn't it do it when you pitch forward or backwards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe